(17-14, 4-8 away)
UC Irvine 71
(19-14, 14-1 home)
Venue: Honda Center
11:30PM ET / 8:30PM PT, March 14, 2013
||H Brereton 18
||H Brereton 9
||J Tavita 6
||W Davis II 13
||M Wilder 10
||M Wilder 4
On Thursday, Mar. 14, UC Irvine topped Hawaii 71-60 in the quarterfinals of the Big West Tournament. The Anteaters go to 2-1 against Hawaii this season with the win. The Anteaters got a double-double out of Michael Wilder with 12 points and 10 rebounds. Alex Young had 10 points and added five rebounds. Hauns Brereton finished with a game-high 18 points and nine rebounds for the Warriors. Hawaii (17-14) finished the regular season fifth in the Big West with a 10-8 conference record.
UC Irvine Game Notes
- UCI beat the spread by 6.5 points. That makes the 14th time this season the Anteaters have beaten the spread.
- The Anteaters have won 90 percent of the time this season (9-1) after recording six or more blocks.
- UCI has won every game this season (11-0) when opponents record 60 or fewer total points.
- UCI has won 89 percent of the time this season (8-1) after holding an opponent to under 34.9 percent field goal percentage.
- This season UC Irvine has won 80 percent of the time (8-2) when Michael Wilder has 12 points or more and 75 percent of the time (9-3) when Will Davis II has five field goals made or more.
- The Anteaters set a season high for free throws made (23).
- Will Davis II has led the team in scoring in four out of 33 games this season.
- Michael Wilder has led the team in rebounding in nine out of 33 games this season.
- Michael Wilder recorded the 10th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Michael Wilder recorded a double-double. It was his third this season and eighth of his career.
- Alex Young has three straight double-digit point games.
- Will Davis II has seven straight double-digit point games.
Hawaii Game Notes
- This loss extended the Warriors losing streak to three games.
- The top two scorers (Hauns Brereton and Vander Joaquim) accounted for 60.0 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Hauns Brereton and Christian Standhardinger) accounted for 44.7 percent of the rebounds.
- Hauns Brereton has led the team in scoring four times in 31 games this season.
- Hauns Brereton has five straight double-digit point games.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Hauns Brereton.
- Vander Joaquim has six straight double-digit point games.
|B+||Will Davis II||27||13||6||0||1||3||2|