On Thursday, Mar. 14, Utah State lost to Texas-Arlington 83-78 in the quarterfinals of the WAC Tournament. The Aggies are now 0-3 against Texas-Arlington this season. Spencer Butterfield put up 19 points and six rebounds for the Aggies. Jarred Shaw had a team-high 20 points and added nine rebounds. Kevin Butler got a game-high 23 points and five rebounds for the Mavericks.
Utah State Game Notes
- The last time USU started the season 21-10 was 2006.
- The Aggies have been unlucky four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Utah State is 26-21 in close games.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 51.7 percent or better this season, Utah State has lost 75 percent of the time (1-3).
- The Aggies have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past 15 games.
- The top two scorers (Jarred Shaw and Spencer Butterfield) accounted for 50.0 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Jarred Shaw and Spencer Butterfield) accounted for 50.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Jarred Shaw has led the team in scoring 12 times and in rebounding 16 times in 31 games this season.
- Spencer Butterfield has three straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the fourth 20-point game of Jarred Shaw's career.
- Jarred Shaw has 13 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Marcel Davis.
- Ben Clifford has three straight double-digit point games.
- Ben Clifford had a career high with four three-pointers.
Texas-Arlington Game Notes
- The Mavericks won this one, but have lost three times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Texas-Arlington is 31-33 in close games.
- Karol Gruszecki recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 16.
- The top two scorers (Kevin Butler and Karol Gruszecki) accounted for 48.1 percent of the points.
- Kevin Butler has led the team in scoring 10 times and in rebounding four times in 30 games this season.
- This marks the sixth 20-point game of Kevin Butler's career.
- Kevin Butler set career highs with 23 points and eight field goals made.
- Karol Gruszecki has five straight double-digit point games.
- Cameron Catlett set a career high with seven assists.