|Long Beach State||41||34||75|
|CS Fullerton||A Harris 19||A Harris 5||K Vaughn 5|
|Long Beach State||J Ennis 15||D Jennings 10||K King 4|
On Thursday, Mar. 14, Long Beach State got a win over Cal State Fullerton 75-66 in the quarterfinals of the Big West Tournament. With the win, the 49ers remain unbeaten against Cal State Fullerton this season at 3-0. The 49ers were led by James Ennis, who put up a team-high 15 points and nine rebounds. Michael Caffey also had a good outing, scoring 10 points and adding six rebounds. For the Titans, Alex Harris finished with a game-high 19 points and five rebounds (4 Ast 3 Stl). Cal State Fullerton (14-18) finished the regular season eighth in the Big West with a 6-12 conference record.
Long Beach State Game Notes
- LBSU beat the spread by two points. That makes the 12th time this season the 49ers have beaten the spread.
- The 49ers have won every game this season (13-0) after recording 75 or more total points.
- Long Beach State has won 80 percent of the time this season (4-1) when its three-point percentage has been 42.9 percent or better.
- LBSU has won 85 percent of the time this season (11-2) when opponents record 66 or fewer total points.
- This season Long Beach State has won 74 percent of the time (14-5) when James Ennis has 15 points or more and 83 percent of the time (10-2) when Tony Freeland has four field goals made or more.
- The 49ers set a season high for field goal percentage (58.0).
- The last time LBSU had a field goal percentage of 58.0 percent or higher was Feb 18, 2012 against Creighton.
- The top two rebounders (Dan Jennings and James Ennis) accounted for 51.3 percent of the rebounds.
- James Ennis has led the team in scoring in 15 out of 31 games this season.
- Dan Jennings has led the team in rebounding in 12 out of 31 games this season.
- James Ennis has 31 straight double-digit point games.
- Dan Jennings recorded the fifth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Dan Jennings had a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
Cal State Fullerton Game Notes
- This loss extended the Titans losing streak to five games.
- The top two scorers (Alex Harris and Kwame Vaughn) accounted for 57.5 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Jordan Knox and Alex Harris) accounted for 55.5 percent of the rebounds.
- Alex Harris has eight straight double-digit point games.
- Alex Harris set a career high with eight field goals made.
- Kwame Vaughn has seven straight double-digit point games.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Kwame Vaughn.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Jordan Knox.