(13-18, 3-11 away)
Florida State 73
(18-14, 13-7 home)
Venue: Greensboro Coliseum
9:30PM ET / 6:30PM PT, March 14, 2013
||J Roper 18
||D Harrison 8
||R Hall 5
||O White 24
||D Bookert 5
||M Snaer 5
Florida State knocked off Clemson 73-69 in the first round of the ACC Tournament on Thursday, Mar. 14. With the win, the Seminoles stay undefeated against Clemson this season at 3-0. The Seminoles were led by Okaro White, who put up a career-high 24 points and four rebounds. Michael Snaer had 10 points and added five rebounds. K.J. McDaniels got 16 points and seven rebounds for the Tigers. Clemson (13-18) finished the regular season 10th in the ACC with a 5-13 conference record.
Florida State Game Notes
- The win over Clemson extended the Florida State winning streak to three games.
- FSU beat the spread by two points. That makes the 12th time this season the Seminoles have beaten the spread.
- The Seminoles have won 10 close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Florida State is 48-23 in close games.
- The Seminoles have won every game this season (10-0) after recording 73 or more total points.
- Florida State has won every game this season (7-0) when its field goal percentage has been 48.9 percent or better.
- FSU has won 86 percent of the time this season (12-2) after holding an opponent to under 41.2 percent field goal percentage.
- FSU has won 78 percent of the time this season (7-2) when opponents record 21 or fewer field goals made.
- This season Florida State has won 80 percent of the time (4-1) when Devon Bookert has four free throws made or more.
- The Seminoles have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past five games.
- This is the sixth win of the season where the Seminoles came back after being down at halftime.
- Okaro White accounted for 32.8 percent of the team's points.
- Okaro White has led the team in scoring in 12 out of 32 games this season.
- Michael Snaer has led the team in rebounding in five out of 32 games this season.
- This marks the third 20-point game of Okaro White's career.
- Okaro White had career highs with 24 points and eight field goals made.
- Michael Snaer has five straight double-digit point games.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Terrance Shannon.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Ian Miller.
Clemson Game Notes
- The Tigers have lost six times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Clemson is 24-35 in close games.
- This loss extended the Tigers losing streak to seven games.
- The top two scorers (Jordan Roper and K.J. McDaniels) accounted for 49.2 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Damarcus Harrison and K.J. McDaniels) accounted for 46.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Jordan Roper has led the team in scoring five times in 31 games this season.
- Devin Booker has nine straight double-digit point games.
- Damarcus Harrison set a career high with eight rebounds.
- This was the first foul out of the season for K.J. McDaniels.