On Thursday, Mar. 14, East Carolina took on Tulsa and fell to the Golden Hurricane 79-72 in the quarterfinals of the Conference USA Tournament. The Pirates tied the season series against Tulsa at 1-1 with the loss. Maurice Kemp got a game-high 24 points and 11 rebounds for the Pirates, earning a double-double. Miguel Paul had 14 points and added eight assists. For the Golden Hurricane, Scottie Haralson finished with a season-high 22 points and four rebounds. East Carolina (18-12) finished the regular season fifth in Conference USA with a 9-7 record in conference play.
East Carolina Game Notes
- East Carolina has lost 83 percent of the time this season (1-5) after recording five or fewer steals.
- When the opposition records 17 or more free throws made this season, East Carolina has lost 78 percent of the time (2-7).
- The Pirates have outshot their opponents in free throw percentage for the past six games.
- East Carolina has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past five games.
- This is the third loss of the season where the Pirates opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- Maurice Kemp accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's points.
- Maurice Kemp accounted for 37.9 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Maurice Kemp has led the team in scoring 20 times and in rebounding 10 times in 30 games this season.
- Miguel Paul has five straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 16th 20-point game of Maurice Kemp's career.
- Maurice Kemp has four straight 20+ point games.
- Maurice Kemp recorded a double-double. It was his eighth this season and 16th of his career.
- Akeem Richmond has eight straight double-digit point games.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Paris Roberts-Campbell.
Tulsa Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Scottie Haralson and James Woodard) accounted for 49.3 percent of the points.
- Scottie Haralson has led the team in scoring five times in 31 games this season.
- D`Andre Wright has led the team in rebounding five times in 31 games this season.
- This marks the fifth 20-point game of Scottie Haralson's career.
- Scottie Haralson has four straight double-digit point games.
- James Woodard has five straight double-digit point games.