Northern Colorado 69
(13-17, 5-12 away)
Montana State 56
(13-17, 10-7 home)
Venue: Dahlberg Arena
10:00PM ET / 7:00PM PT, March 14, 2013
||T Unruh 21
||C Osborne 9
||C Osborne 3
||C Moon 15
||P Egwuonwu 8
||P Egwuonwu 3
Northern Colorado squared off with Montana State on Thursday, Mar. 14 and came out on top against the Bobcats 69-56 in the quarterfinals of the Big Sky Tournament. The Bears are now 2-1 against Montana State this season with the win. Tate Unruh had an impressive game for the Bears and put up a game-high 21 points and seven rebounds. Tim Huskisson had 14 points and added seven rebounds. Paul Egwuonwu got 11 points and eight rebounds for the Bobcats.
Northern Colorado Game Notes
- The last time UNC started the season 13-17 was 2008.
- The win over Montana State extended the Northern Colorado winning streak to four games.
- UNC beat the spread by nine points. That makes the 13th time this season the Bears have beaten the spread.
- UNC has won 75 percent of the time this season (6-2) after holding an opponent to under 39.6 percent field goal percentage.
- UNC has won 75 percent of the time this season (6-2) when opponents record five or fewer three-pointers.
- This season Northern Colorado has won 100 percent of the time (6-0) when Tim Huskisson has 14 points or more.
- The Bears set season highs for blocks (seven) and free throws made (23).
- The last time UNC recorded at least seven blocks was Feb 04, 2006 against Colorado College.
- The Bears have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past eight games.
- This is the first win of the season where the Bears came back after being down at halftime.
- Tate Unruh accounted for 30.4 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Connor Osborne and Tim Huskisson) accounted for 45.7 percent of the rebounds.
- Tate Unruh has led the team in scoring in nine out of 30 games this season.
- Connor Osborne has led the team in rebounding in four out of 30 games this season.
- Connor Osborne had a career high with eight defensive rebounds.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Tate Unruh's career.
- Tate Unruh has five straight double-digit point games.
- Tevin Svihovec has four straight double-digit point games.
Montana State Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Christian Moon and Paul Egwuonwu) accounted for 46.4 percent of the points.
- Paul Egwuonwu accounted for 34.7 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Christian Moon has led the team in scoring seven times in 30 games this season.
- Paul Egwuonwu has led the team in rebounding 19 times in 30 games this season.
- Paul Egwuonwu has three straight double-digit point games.
- Christian Moon has seven straight double-digit point games.
- Antonio Biglow has three straight double-digit point games.