George Washington 72
(13-17, 5-10 away)
(20-10, 12-6 home)
Venue: Barclays Center
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, March 14, 2013
||K Larsen 17
||I Armwood 13
||L Kromah 4
||C Williams 16
||M Esho 6
||C Williams 8
On a night when they were outscored 21-0 by the Minutemen from behind the arc, George Washington fell to Massachusetts 77-72 in the first round of the A-10 Tournament. The Colonials even the season series against Massachusetts at 1-1 with the loss. Isaiah Armwood picked up a double-double in a losing effort with 16 points and 13 rebounds. Kevin Larsen had a season-high 17 points and added seven rebounds. For the Minutemen, Chaz Williams finished with a team-high 16 points and eight assists (4 Reb 3 Stl). George Washington (13-17) finished the regular season 11th in the A-10 with a 7-9 record in conference play.
George Washington Game Notes
- The last time GW started the season 13-17 was 2000.
- The Colonials have been unlucky six times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, George Washington is 22-27 in close games.
- George Washington has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-4) after recording one or fewer blocks.
- The Colonials have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after having a three-point percentage of 0.0 percent or worse.
- When the opposition records 28 or more field goals made this season, George Washington has lost 100 percent of the time (0-7).
- When the opposition records 15 or more assists this season, George Washington has lost 88 percent of the time (1-7).
- When the opposition records 77 or more total points this season, George Washington has lost 83 percent of the time (1-5).
- The Colonials set a season high for rebounds (50).
- The last time GW recorded at least 50 rebounds was Feb 17, 2010 against Massachusetts.
- GW set season lows for three-pointers (zero) and three-point percentage (0.0).
- George Washington has recorded fewer three-pointers than their opponents for the past 11 games.
- Isaiah Armwood recorded a team season high in offensive rebounds with nine.
- The top two scorers (Kevin Larsen and Isaiah Armwood) accounted for 45.8 percent of the points.
- Kevin Larsen has led the team in scoring in seven out of 30 games this season.
- Isaiah Armwood has led the team in rebounding in 22 out of 30 games this season.
- Isaiah Armwood recorded the 14th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Isaiah Armwood has three straight double-digit point games.
- Isaiah Armwood recorded a double-double. It was his ninth this season and 10th of his career.
- Isaiah Armwood had a career high with nine offensive rebounds.
- Lasan Kromah has four straight double-digit point games.
Massachusetts Game Notes
- The Minutemen won this one, but have lost four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Massachusetts is 36-27 in close games.
- Chaz Williams has led the team in scoring 11 times in 30 games this season.
- Maxie Esho has led the team in rebounding six times in 30 games this season.
- Terrell Vinson has six straight double-digit point games.
- This was the seventh foul out of the season for Terrell Vinson.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Cady Lalanne.