Morgan State 64
(16-14, 10-9 away)
Savannah State 61
(19-14, 12-4 home)
Venue: Norfolk Scope Arena
8:30PM ET / 5:30PM PT, March 14, 2013
||J Black 20
||A Hubbard 7
||B Bozeman 5
||D Williams 20
||A Louis 11
||P Blackman 6
On Thursday, Mar. 14, Morgan State took on Savannah State and nipped the Tigers 64-61 in overtime. With the win, the Bears tie the season series against Savannah State at 1-1. The Bears got the win with 14 points and five rebounds from Ian Chiles. Justin Black had a game-high 20 points and added three rebounds. For the Tigers, Rashad Hassan got 13 points and nine rebounds. Savannah State (19-14) finished the regular season third in the MEAC with an 11-5 conference record.
Morgan State Game Notes
- The win over Savannah State extended the Morgan State winning streak to seven games.
- Morgan State beat the spread by 3.5 points. That makes the 2nd time this season the Bears have beaten the spread.
- Morgan State has played in three overtime games this season. Over the last five seasons, the Bears have played in nine overtime games with a record of 5-4.
- The Bears have won six close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Morgan State is 33-37 in close games.
- The Bears have won 80 percent of the time this season (12-3) after recording 37 or more rebounds.
- Morgan State has won 83 percent of the time this season (5-1) when opponents record four or fewer steals.
- This season Morgan State has won 75 percent of the time (6-2) when Ian Chiles has 14 points or more, 73 percent of the time (8-3) when DeWayne Jackson has seven rebounds or more, and 75 percent of the time (6-2) when Blake Bozeman has five assists or more.
- The Bears have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past six games.
- Justin Black accounted for 31.2 percent of the team's points.
- Justin Black has led the team in scoring in 15 out of 30 games this season.
- Anthony Hubbard has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 30 games this season.
- This marks the ninth 20-point game of Justin Black's career.
- Ian Chiles has three straight double-digit point games.
- DeWayne Jackson has three straight double-digit point games.
Savannah State Game Notes
- The Tigers have lost seven times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Savannah State is 28-22 in close games.
- Deven Williams accounted for 32.7 percent of the team's points.
- Arnold Louis accounted for 35.4 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Deven Williams has led the team in scoring four times in 33 games this season.
- Arnold Louis has led the team in rebounding 19 times in 33 games this season.
- Cedric Smith set a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
- This marks the third 20-point game of Deven Williams's career.
- Deven Williams has three straight 20+ point games.
- Arnold Louis recorded the 28th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Rashad Hassan has four straight double-digit point games.