Despite being favored to win by 10, Louisiana Tech was stunned by Texas-San Antonio 73-67 in the quarterfinals of the WAC Tournament. With the loss, the Bulldogs are now 2-1 against Texas-San Antonio this season. The Bulldogs were paced by Kenneth Smith, who put up a team-high 16 points and four assists. Michale Kyser had nine points and added eight rebounds. Kannon Burrage recorded a double-double for the Roadrunners with a game-high 26 points and 13 rebounds. He made five of eight from three-point range. Louisiana Tech (26-6) finished the regular season first in the WAC with a 16-2 record in conference play.
Louisiana Tech Game Notes
- When the opposition records 73 or more total points this season, Louisiana Tech has lost 83 percent of the time (1-5).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 46.3 percent or better this season, Louisiana Tech has lost 83 percent of the time (1-5).
- This is the second loss of the season where the Bulldogs opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Kenneth Smith and Raheem Appleby) accounted for 41.7 percent of the points.
- Kenneth Smith has led the team in scoring in three out of 32 games this season.
- Michale Kyser has led the team in rebounding in 13 out of 32 games this season.
- Cordarius Johnson had a career high with five steals.
Texas-San Antonio Game Notes
- Kannon Burrage recorded a team season high in rebounds with 13.
- Kannon Burrage accounted for 35.6 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Kannon Burrage and Jeromie Hill) accounted for 43.7 percent of the rebounds.
- Kannon Burrage has led the team in scoring 17 times and in rebounding five times in 31 games this season.
- Michael Hale III has three straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 13th 20-point game of Kannon Burrage's career.
- Kannon Burrage recorded a double-double. It was the first of his career.
- Kannon Burrage set career highs with five three-pointers, 13 rebounds, and nine defensive rebounds.
- Jeromie Hill has seven straight double-digit point games.