(15-16, 6-8 away)
(19-13, 18-4 home)
Venue: Bridgestone Arena
7:30PM ET / 4:30PM PT, March 14, 2013
||R Odom 20
||R Odom 7
||K Johnson 5
||B Young 16
||M Powell 9
||M Wade 3
On a night when the Commodores scored 36 points from three-point territory, Arkansas was narrowly defeated by Vanderbilt 75-72 in the second round of the SEC Tournament. The loss drops the Razorbacks to 1-2 against Vanderbilt this season. The Razorbacks were led by Rashad Madden, who put up seven points and seven rebounds. B.J. Young also had a solid outing, scoring a team-high 16 points and adding five rebounds. For the Commodores, Rod Odom got a game-high 20 points (7 Reb 4 Blk 3 Ast), including five-of-nine shooting from three-point range. Arkansas (19-13) finished the regular season seventh in the SEC with a 10-8 record in conference play.
Arkansas Game Notes
- The Razorbacks have been unlucky three times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Arkansas is 24-22 in close games.
- Arkansas has lost 86 percent of the time this season (2-12) after recording 72 or fewer total points.
- The Razorbacks have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past four games.
- Arkansas has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past four games.
- Marshawn Powell recorded a team season high in free throws attempted with 15.
- The top two scorers (B.J. Young and Marshawn Powell) accounted for 40.2 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Marshawn Powell and Rashad Madden) accounted for 41.0 percent of the rebounds.
- B.J. Young has led the team in scoring in 14 out of 32 games this season.
- Marshawn Powell has led the team in rebounding in 13 out of 32 games this season.
- This was the fifth foul out of the season for Marshawn Powell.
- Rashad Madden had a career high with seven defensive rebounds.
Vanderbilt Game Notes
- The Commodores won this one, but have lost seven times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Vanderbilt is 22-24 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Rod Odom and Kyle Fuller) accounted for 52.0 percent of the points.
- Rod Odom has led the team in scoring seven times and in rebounding seven times in 31 games this season.
- This marks the second 20-point game of Rod Odom's career.
- Rod Odom set career highs with 20 points, six field goals made, five three-pointers, and four blocks.
- Kedren Johnson has five straight double-digit point games.
- Kyle Fuller set a career high with three three-pointers.