(15-16, 6-8 away)
(19-13, 18-4 home)
Venue: Bridgestone Arena
7:30PM ET / 4:30PM PT, March 14, 2013
||R Odom 20
||R Odom 7
||K Johnson 5
||B Young 16
||M Powell 9
||M Wade 3
On Thursday, Mar. 14, Vanderbilt scored 36 points from three-point territory and edged Arkansas 75-72 in the second round of the SEC Tournament. The Commodores improve to 2-1 against Arkansas this season with the win. Rod Odom played well for the Commodores and got a game-high 20 points (7 Reb 4 Blk 3 Ast), sinking five of nine from three-point range. Kyle Fuller also had a solid game, scoring 19 points. For the Razorbacks, Rashad Madden finished with seven points and seven rebounds. Arkansas (19-13) finished the regular season seventh in the SEC with a 10-8 conference record.
Vanderbilt Game Notes
- Vandy beat the spread by 5.5 points. That makes the 17th time this season the Commodores have beaten the spread.
- The Commodores have won three close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Vanderbilt is 22-24 in close games.
- The Commodores have won every game this season (6-0) after recording 17 or more free throws made.
- Vanderbilt has won 75 percent of the time this season (6-2) when its three-point percentage has been 42.9 percent or better.
- Vandy has won 80 percent of the time this season (8-2) after holding an opponent to under 25.0 percent three-point percentage.
- This season Vanderbilt has won 100 percent of the time (7-0) when Rod Odom has seven rebounds or more.
- The top two scorers (Rod Odom and Kyle Fuller) accounted for 52.0 percent of the points.
- Rod Odom has led the team in scoring seven times and in rebounding 7 times in 31 games this season.
- This marks the second 20-point game of Rod Odom's career.
- Rod Odom had career highs with 20 points, six field goals made, five three-pointers, and four blocks.
- Kedren Johnson has five straight double-digit point games.
- Kyle Fuller had a career high with three three-pointers.
Arkansas Game Notes
- The Razorbacks have lost three times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Arkansas is 24-22 in close games.
- Marshawn Powell recorded a team season high in free throws attempted with 15.
- The top two scorers (B.J. Young and Marshawn Powell) accounted for 40.2 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Marshawn Powell and Rashad Madden) accounted for 41.0 percent of the rebounds.
- B.J. Young has led the team in scoring 14 times in 32 games this season.
- Marshawn Powell has led the team in rebounding 13 times in 32 games this season.
- This was the fifth foul out of the season for Marshawn Powell.
- Rashad Madden set a career high with seven defensive rebounds.