Wake Forest 62
(13-18, 1-13 away)
(21-11, 18-3 home)
Venue: Greensboro Coliseum
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, March 14, 2013
||C Harris 19
||C Miller-McIntyre 7
||D Thomas 4
||D Wells 21
||N Faust 6
||A Len 4
Maryland squared off with Wake Forest on Thursday, Mar. 14 and knocked off the Demon Deacons 75-62 in the first round of the ACC Tournament. With a record of 3-0, the Terrapins remain unbeaten against Wake Forest this season. Alex Len played brilliantly for the Terrapins and put up 11 points and five rebounds. Seth Allen had 11 points and added five rebounds (3 Ast 3 Stl). For the Demon Deacons, Devin Thomas got 14 points and four rebounds. Wake Forest (13-18) finished the regular season 10th in the ACC with a 6-12 conference record.
Maryland Game Notes
- Maryland beat the spread by 7.5 points. That makes the 12th time this season the Terrapins have beaten the spread.
- The Terrapins have won every game this season (11-0) after recording 75 or more total points.
- Maryland has won every game this season (6-0) when its three-point percentage has been 46.7 percent or better.
- Maryland has won every game this season (7-0) after holding an opponent to under 22.2 percent three-point percentage.
- Maryland has won 93 percent of the time this season (13-1) when opponents record 31 or fewer rebounds.
- This season Maryland has won 76 percent of the time (13-4) when Alex Len has 11 points or more and 86 percent of the time (6-1) when Nick Faust has six rebounds or more.
- The Terrapins have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the second win of the season where the Terrapins came back after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Dezmine Wells and Alex Len) accounted for 42.6 percent of the points.
- Dezmine Wells has led the team in scoring in 12 out of 32 games this season.
- Nick Faust has led the team in rebounding in three out of 32 games this season.
- Nick Faust has three straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the fifth 20-point game of Dezmine Wells's career.
- Dezmine Wells has five straight double-digit point games.
- Dezmine Wells had a career high with a 100 percent three-point percentage.
- Pe`Shon Howard had a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
Wake Forest Game Notes
- C.J. Harris accounted for 30.6 percent of the team's points.
- C.J. Harris has led the team in scoring 13 times in 31 games this season.
- Devin Thomas has four straight double-digit point games.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Arnaud William Adala Moto.
|B-||A. Adala Moto||17||4||2||3||1||0||1|
|-||A. Roundtree III||6||0||0||0||1||0||0|