On Thursday, Mar. 14, St. Joseph's (PA) took on Xavier and edged the Musketeers 58-57 in the first round of the A-10 Tournament. With a record of 2-0, the Hawks remain undefeated against Xavier this season. The Hawks got the win with 11 points and seven rebounds from Halil Kanacevic. Langston Galloway had a team-high 14 points and added five rebounds. For the Musketeers, Travis Taylor finished with a game-high 16 points and nine rebounds. Xavier (17-14) finished the regular season sixth in the A-10 with a 9-7 conference record.
St. Joseph's (PA) Game Notes
- The last time StJoe started the season 18-12 was 2005.
- The Hawks have won five close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, St. Joseph's (PA) is 25-32 in close games.
- The Hawks have won 77 percent of the time this season (10-3) after recording 15 or more assists.
- St. Joseph's (PA) has won 75 percent of the time this season (6-2) after committing nine or fewer turnovers.
- StJoe has won 91 percent of the time this season (10-1) when opponents record 57 or fewer total points.
- This season St. Joseph's (PA) has won 75 percent of the time (15-5) when Carl Jones has 11 points or more and 73 percent of the time (11-4) when Halil Kanacevic has seven rebounds or more.
- StJoe set a season low for steals (two).
- The Hawks have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past six games.
- The top two scorers (Langston Galloway and Carl Jones) accounted for 43.1 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Ronald Roberts Jr. and Halil Kanacevic) accounted for 51.7 percent of the rebounds.
- Langston Galloway has led the team in scoring in 11 out of 30 games this season.
- Ronald Roberts Jr. has led the team in rebounding in 19 out of 30 games this season.
- This was the fifth foul out of the season for Halil Kanacevic.
Xavier Game Notes
- The Musketeers have lost nine times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Xavier is 40-29 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Travis Taylor and Brad Redford) accounted for 52.6 percent of the points.
- Travis Taylor accounted for 32.1 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Travis Taylor has led the team in scoring nine times and in rebounding 23 times in 31 games this season.
- Semaj Christon has 19 straight double-digit point games.