Saint Joseph's 58
(18-12, 6-8 away)
(17-14, 11-6 home)
Venue: Barclays Center
6:30PM ET / 3:30PM PT, March 14, 2013
||L Galloway 14
||R Roberts Jr. 8
||H Kanacevic 6
||T Taylor 16
||T Taylor 9
||S Christon 4
Xavier let one slip to St. Joseph's (PA) 58-57 in the first round of the A-10 Tournament on Thursday, Mar. 14. With the loss, the Musketeers stay winless against St. Joseph's (PA) this season at 0-2. The Musketeers got a game-high 16 points and nine rebounds from Travis Taylor. Semaj Christon got 10 points and added four assists. Halil Kanacevic finished with 11 points and seven rebounds for the Hawks. Xavier (17-14) finished the regular season sixth in the A-10 with a 9-7 record in conference play.
Xavier Game Notes
- The Musketeers have been unlucky nine times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Xavier is 40-29 in close games.
- Xavier has lost 80 percent of the time this season (2-8) after recording nine or fewer assists.
- Xavier has recorded fewer three-pointers than their opponents for the past five games.
- The top two scorers (Travis Taylor and Brad Redford) accounted for 52.6 percent of the points.
- Travis Taylor accounted for 32.1 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Travis Taylor has led the team in scoring nine times and in rebounding 23 times in 31 games this season.
- Semaj Christon has 19 straight double-digit point games.
St. Joseph's (PA) Game Notes
- The Hawks won this one, but have lost three times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, St. Joseph's (PA) is 25-32 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Langston Galloway and Carl Jones) accounted for 43.1 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Ronald Roberts Jr. and Halil Kanacevic) accounted for 51.7 percent of the rebounds.
- Langston Galloway has led the team in scoring 11 times in 30 games this season.
- Ronald Roberts Jr. has led the team in rebounding 19 times in 30 games this season.
- This was the fifth foul out of the season for Halil Kanacevic.
|B||R. Roberts Jr.||24||6||8||2||0||1||2|