(16-17, 2-12 away)
(11) Kansas State 66
(26-6, 19-1 home)
Venue: Sprint Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, March 14, 2013
||J Lewis 13
||C Lammert 6
||M Kabongo 7
||R McGruder 24
||R McGruder 7
||A Rodriguez 5
On Thursday, Mar. 14, Texas forced only seven turnovers and was crushed by Kansas State 66-49 in the quarterfinals of the Big 12 Tournament. With the loss, the Longhorns drop to 1-9 versus AP-ranked teams this season. The Longhorns were paced by Julien Lewis, who put up a team-high 13 points and four rebounds. Ioannis Papapetrou had five points and added five rebounds. Rodney McGruder finished with a game-high 24 points and seven rebounds for the Wildcats. Texas (16-17) finished the regular season seventh in the Big 12 with a 7-11 record in conference play. To get to the quarterfinals, Texas beat TCU (70-57).
Texas Game Notes
- Prior to this game, Texas played 55 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 19-36.
- Texas has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after recording 49 or fewer total points.
- The Longhorns have lost 86 percent of the time this season (2-12) after having a three-point percentage of 26.3 percent or worse.
- When the opposition commits seven or fewer turnovers this season, Texas has lost 75 percent of the time (1-3).
- The top two scorers (Julien Lewis and Jonathan Holmes) accounted for 46.9 percent of the points.
- Julien Lewis has led the team in scoring in eight out of 33 games this season.
- Connor Lammert has led the team in rebounding in eight out of 33 games this season.
- Julien Lewis has three straight double-digit point games.
Kansas State Game Notes
- Rodney McGruder recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 20.
- Rodney McGruder accounted for 36.3 percent of the team's points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (17) than the starters (16).
- Rodney McGruder has led the team in scoring 16 times and in rebounding eight times in 32 games this season.
- This marks the 24th 20-point game of Rodney McGruder's career.
- Rodney McGruder has 11 straight double-digit point games.
- Angel Rodriguez has 11 straight double-digit point games.