Arizona squared off with Colorado on Thursday, Mar. 14 and beat the Buffaloes 79-69 in the quarterfinals of the Pac-12 Tournament. The Wildcats now have a record of 2-1 against Colorado this season. The Wildcats got the win with 13 points and seven rebounds from Solomon Hill. Grant Jerrett also had a strong showing, scoring seven points and adding six rebounds. Andre Roberson registered a double-double for the Buffaloes on 15 points and 11 rebounds. Colorado (21-11) finished the regular season fifth in the Pac-12 with a 10-8 conference record. To get to the quarterfinals, Colorado beat Oregon State (74-68).
Arizona Game Notes
- Arizona started 25-6 during the 2010 and 1999 seasons (since 1996).
- Arizona beat the spread by 5.5 points. That makes the 14th time this season the Wildcats have beaten the spread.
- The Wildcats have won every game this season (9-0) after recording 79 or more total points.
- Arizona has won every game this season (16-0) when its field goal percentage has been 45.2 percent or better.
- Arizona has won 88 percent of the time this season (7-1) after committing 10 or fewer turnovers.
- Arizona has won every game this season (18-0) when opponents record 22 or fewer field goals made.
- This season Arizona has won 81 percent of the time (17-4) when Mark Lyons has 14 points or more, 80 percent of the time (8-2) when Nick Johnson plays 35 minutes or more, and 76 percent of the time (13-4) when Solomon Hill has five field goals made or more.
- The Wildcats have recorded more three-pointers than their opponents for the past six games.
- The top two scorers (Nick Johnson and Mark Lyons) accounted for 40.5 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Solomon Hill and Grant Jerrett) accounted for 41.9 percent of the rebounds.
- Nick Johnson has led the team in scoring in seven out of 31 games this season.
- Solomon Hill has led the team in rebounding in seven out of 31 games this season.
- Nick Johnson has three straight double-digit point games.
- Nick Johnson had a career high with a 100 percent three-point percentage.
Colorado Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Spencer Dinwiddie and Andre Roberson) accounted for 47.8 percent of the points.
- Andre Roberson accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Spencer Dinwiddie has led the team in scoring 15 times in 32 games this season.
- Andre Roberson has led the team in rebounding 26 times in 32 games this season.
- Spencer Dinwiddie has four straight double-digit point games.
- Andre Roberson recorded the 59th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Andre Roberson recorded a double-double. It was his 12th this season and 37th of his career.