(20-13, 7-9 away)
(4) Louisville 74
(27-5, 16-1 home)
Venue: Madison Square Garden
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, March 14, 2013
||J Pinkston 21
||M Yarou 11
||J Pinkston 4
||R Smith 28
||S Van Treese 8
||P Siva 4
Louisville trounced Villanova 74-55 in the quarterfinals of the Big East Tournament on an evening when they scored 30 points from beyond the three-point line. The Cardinals even the season series against Villanova at 1-1 with the win. Russ Smith put on a show for the Cardinals and put up a game-high 28 points and two rebounds. Luke Hancock also had a decent outing, scoring 12 points and adding three rebounds. JayVaughn Pinkston got a team-high 21 points and four rebounds for the Wildcats. The Cardinals are on an eight-game win streak. Villanova (20-13) finished the regular season seventh in the Big East with a 10-8 conference record. To get to the quarterfinals, Villanova beat St. John's (66-53).
Louisville Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:48 left to go.
- The last time Lville started the season 27-5 was 2008.
- The win over Villanova extended the Louisville winning streak to eight games.
- Lville beat the spread by 10 points. That makes the 18th time this season the Cardinals have beaten the spread.
- Louisville has won every game this season (7-0) when its three-point percentage has been 41.7 percent or better.
- The Cardinals have won 93 percent of the time this season (14-1) after recording 74 or more total points.
- Lville has won every game this season (4-0) when opponents record one or fewer blocks.
- Lville has won 94 percent of the time this season (17-1) after holding an opponent to under 38.9 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Louisville has won 89 percent of the time (16-2) when Peyton Siva has 10 points or more and 83 percent of the time (10-2) when Russ Smith has seven field goals made or more.
- The Cardinals have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past 11 games.
- Louisville has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past 26 games.
- Russ Smith accounted for 37.8 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Stephan Van Treese and Wayne Blackshear) accounted for 40.6 percent of the rebounds.
- Russ Smith has led the team in scoring in 20 out of 32 games this season.
- Stephan Van Treese has led the team in rebounding in three out of 32 games this season.
- Peyton Siva has three straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 18th 20-point game of Russ Smith's career.
Villanova Game Notes
- JayVaughn Pinkston recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 17.
- JayVaughn Pinkston accounted for 38.1 percent of the team's points.
- Mouphtaou Yarou accounted for 31.4 percent of the team's rebounds.
- JayVaughn Pinkston has led the team in scoring 10 times in 33 games this season.
- Mouphtaou Yarou has led the team in rebounding 15 times in 33 games this season.
- Mouphtaou Yarou recorded the 32nd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Mouphtaou Yarou recorded a double-double. It was his eighth this season and 22nd of his career.
- This marks the seventh 20-point game of JayVaughn Pinkston's career.
- JayVaughn Pinkston has 11 straight double-digit point games.
|C+||S. Van Treese||15||0||8||0||1||0||1|