(20-13, 7-9 away)
(4) Louisville 74
(27-5, 16-1 home)
Venue: Madison Square Garden
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, March 14, 2013
||J Pinkston 21
||M Yarou 11
||J Pinkston 4
||R Smith 28
||S Van Treese 8
||P Siva 4
On Thursday, Mar. 14, Villanova allowed 30 points from three-point territory to Louisville and was crushed by the Cardinals 74-55 in the quarterfinals of the Big East Tournament. The Wildcats now have a record of 4-3 versus AP-ranked teams this season. JayVaughn Pinkston got a team-high 21 points and four rebounds in the Wildcats loss. Mouphtaou Yarou got a double-double with 13 points and 11 rebounds. Russ Smith finished with a game-high 28 points and two rebounds for the Cardinals. Villanova (20-13) finished the regular season seventh in the Big East with a 10-8 record in conference play. To get to the quarterfinals, Villanova got the best of St. John's (66-53).
Villanova Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:48 left to go.
- The last time Villanova started the season 20-13 was 2001.
- Prior to this game, Villanova played 54 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 23-31.
- Villanova has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-5) after recording 55 or fewer total points.
- When the opposition records 12 or more steals this season, Villanova has lost 75 percent of the time (1-3).
- The Wildcats set a season high for turnovers (25).
- Villanova set a season low for three-pointers (two).
- JayVaughn Pinkston recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 17.
- JayVaughn Pinkston accounted for 38.1 percent of the team's points.
- Mouphtaou Yarou accounted for 31.4 percent of the team's rebounds.
- JayVaughn Pinkston has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 33 games this season.
- Mouphtaou Yarou has led the team in rebounding in 15 out of 33 games this season.
- Mouphtaou Yarou recorded the 32nd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Mouphtaou Yarou recorded a double-double. It was his eighth this season and 22nd of his career.
- This marks the seventh 20-point game of JayVaughn Pinkston's career.
- JayVaughn Pinkston has 11 straight double-digit point games.
Louisville Game Notes
- Russ Smith accounted for 37.8 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Stephan Van Treese and Wayne Blackshear) accounted for 40.6 percent of the rebounds.
- Russ Smith has led the team in scoring 20 times in 32 games this season.
- Stephan Van Treese has led the team in rebounding three times in 32 games this season.
- Peyton Siva has three straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 18th 20-point game of Russ Smith's career.
|C+||S. Van Treese||15||0||8||0||1||0||1|