(14-20, 5-13 away)
Kent State 70
(20-12, 12-6 home)
Venue: Quicken Loans Arena
6:30PM ET / 3:30PM PT, March 14, 2013
||T Watson II 23
||T Watson II 11
||T Watson II 5
||C Evans 25
||C Evans 15
||K Brewer 2
On Thursday, Mar. 14, Buffalo suffered a heartbreaking loss against Kent State 70-68 in the quarterfinals of the MAC Tournament. The Bulls are now 0-3 against Kent State this season. Tony Watson II earned a double-double in a losing effort including a team-high 23 points and 11 rebounds. Javon McCrea had 20 points and added four rebounds. Chris Evans recorded a double-double for the Golden Flashes on a game-high 25 points and 15 rebounds. Buffalo (14-20) finished the regular season eighth in the MAC with a 7-9 record in conference play. To get to the quarterfinals, Buffalo defeated Central Michigan (74-72) and Ball State (76-61).
Buffalo Game Notes
- UB beat the spread by one points. That makes the 14th time this season the Bulls have beaten the spread.
- The Bulls have been unlucky nine times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Buffalo is 29-30 in close games.
- The Bulls have lost 91 percent of the time this season (1-10) after having a field goal percentage of 39.0 percent or worse.
- Buffalo has lost 77 percent of the time this season (3-10) after recording 13 or fewer assists.
- When the opposition records 38 or more rebounds this season, Buffalo has lost 83 percent of the time (1-5).
- When the opposition records 25 or more field goals made this season, Buffalo has lost 83 percent of the time (2-10).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 49.0 percent or better this season, Buffalo has lost 80 percent of the time (1-4).
- UB set a season low for turnovers (eight).
- This is the sixth loss of the season where the Bulls opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- Tony Watson II accounted for 33.8 percent of the team's points.
- Tony Watson II accounted for 36.6 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Tony Watson II has led the team in scoring six times and in rebounding 3 times in 34 games this season.
- This marks the fourth 20-point game of Tony Watson II's career.
- Tony Watson II recorded a double-double. It was the second of his career.
- Tony Watson II had career highs with 11 rebounds and 11 defensive rebounds.
- Will Regan has three straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 21st 20-point game of Javon McCrea's career.
- Javon McCrea has 22 straight double-digit point games.
Kent State Game Notes
- The Golden Flashes won this one, but have lost five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Kent State is 42-24 in close games.
- Chris Evans recorded a team season high in field goals made with 10, rebounds with 15, and defensive rebounds with 15.
- Chris Evans accounted for 35.7 percent of the team's points.
- Chris Evans accounted for 39.4 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Chris Evans has led the team in scoring 17 times and in rebounding 22 times in 32 games this season.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Chris Evans's career.
- Chris Evans has 11 straight double-digit point games.
- Chris Evans recorded a double-double. It was his eighth this season and 10th of his career.
- Chris Evans set career highs with 10 field goals made, 15 rebounds, and 15 defensive rebounds.
- Randal Holt has six straight double-digit point games.
- Darren Goodson has three straight double-digit point games.
|A+||Tony Watson II||40||23||11||5||2||0||2|