UC Davis 41
(14-17, 7-10 away)
Cal Poly 64
(18-12, 14-1 home)
Venue: Honda Center
5:50PM ET / 2:50PM PT, March 14, 2013
||R Sypkens 9
||C Hawkins 7
||C Hawkins 3
||D Royer 17
||B Bennett 9
||J Johnson 4
Cal Poly squared off with UC Davis on Thursday, Mar. 14 and blew out the Aggies 64-41 in the quarterfinals of the Big West Tournament. The game was close at halftime, with Cal Poly up 20-19 but then it turned into a blowout in the second half. The Mustangs move to 2-1 against UC Davis this season with the win. The Mustangs were led by Dylan Royer, who put up a game-high 17 points (5 Reb 3 Stl), with 15 coming from three-point range. Drake U`u had 10 points and added three rebounds. For the Aggies, Ryan Howley got six points and five rebounds. UC Davis (14-17) finished the regular season sixth in the Big West with a 9-9 conference record.
Cal Poly Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:19 left to go.
- The win over UC Davis extended the Cal Poly winning streak to six games.
- Cal Poly beat the spread by 21.5 points. That makes the 17th time this season the Mustangs have beaten the spread.
- This was the fourth blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, Cal Poly has been on the winning end of 13 blowout games.
- The Mustangs have won 80 percent of the time this season (4-1) after recording 39 or more rebounds.
- Cal Poly has won 80 percent of the time this season (8-2) when its three-point percentage has been 42.1 percent or better.
- Cal Poly has won 86 percent of the time this season (6-1) when opponents record two or fewer steals.
- Cal Poly has won 80 percent of the time this season (4-1) after holding an opponent to under 25.0 percent three-point percentage.
- This season Cal Poly has won 86 percent of the time (6-1) when Dylan Royer has 17 points or more and 71 percent of the time (12-5) when Chris Eversley has six rebounds or more.
- The Mustangs have outshot their opponents in three-point percentage for the past five games.
- The top two scorers (Dylan Royer and Drake U`u) accounted for 42.1 percent of the points.
- Dylan Royer has led the team in scoring in nine out of 30 games this season.
- Brian Bennett has led the team in rebounding in seven out of 30 games this season.
- Dylan Royer had a career high with a 100 percent three-point percentage.
UC Davis Game Notes
- This was the second blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, UCD has been on the losing end of 28 blowout games.
- This loss extended the Aggies losing streak to three games.
- The top two scorers (Ryan Sypkens and J.T. Adenrele) accounted for 41.4 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Corey Hawkins and Ryan Howley) accounted for 44.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Ryan Sypkens has led the team in scoring seven times in 31 games this season.
- Corey Hawkins has led the team in rebounding six times in 31 games this season.