Northern Arizona 58
(11-21, 5-14 away)
Weber State 84
(25-5, 15-1 home)
Venue: Dahlberg Arena
5:00PM ET / 2:00PM PT, March 14, 2013
||D Russell 21
||G Bewernick 8
||M Dunn 2
||F Otis 16
||F Otis 6
||D Berry 6
On Thursday, Mar. 14, Weber State took on Northern Arizona and waxed the Lumberjacks 84-58 in the quarterfinals of the Big Sky Tournament. Weber State was up big at the break 36-21 and didn't let up in the second half. With a record of 3-0, the Wildcats remain undefeated against Northern Arizona this season. The Wildcats got the win with a team-high 16 points and six rebounds (3 Ast 3 Stl) from Frank Otis. Davion Berry also had an outstanding outing, scoring 13 points and adding six rebounds. Dewayne Russell got a game-high 21 points for the Lumberjacks. The Wildcats have now won 12 games straight. Northern Arizona (11-21) finished the regular season seventh in the Big Sky with an 8-12 conference record.
Weber State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:40 left to go.
- The last time Weber State started the season 25-5 was 2002.
- The win over Northern Arizona extended the Weber State winning streak to 12 games.
- Weber State beat the spread by 13 points. That makes the 15th time this season the Wildcats have beaten the spread.
- This was the 10th blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, Weber State has been on the winning end of 30 blowout games.
- The Wildcats have won every game this season (7-0) after recording 84 or more total points.
- Weber State has won every game this season (13-0) when its field goal percentage has been 53.6 percent or better.
- Weber State has won 80 percent of the time this season (12-3) after committing 14 or fewer turnovers.
- Weber State has won every game this season (15-0) when opponents record 58 or fewer total points.
- Weber State has won every game this season (12-0) after holding an opponent to under 37.0 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Weber State has won 90 percent of the time (18-2) when Scott Bamforth has 12 points or more, 93 percent of the time (13-1) when Kyle Tresnak has five field goals made or more, and 76 percent of the time (13-4) when Frank Otis has six rebounds or more.
- The Wildcats have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 15 games.
- Frank Otis has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 30 games this season.
- Scott Bamforth has seven straight double-digit point games.
Northern Arizona Game Notes
- This was the seventh blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, NAU has been on the losing end of 22 blowout games.
- This loss extended the Lumberjacks losing streak to four games.
- Dewayne Russell accounted for 36.2 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Gaellen Bewernick and Michael Dunn) accounted for 44.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Dewayne Russell has led the team in scoring 10 times in 32 games this season.
- Gaellen Bewernick has led the team in rebounding 11 times in 32 games this season.
- This marks the sixth 20-point game of Dewayne Russell's career.
- Gabe Rogers has 17 straight double-digit point games.
- Stallon Saldivar set a career high with four steals.