On Thursday, Mar. 14, Pacific held on to beat UC-Santa Barbara 71-68 in the quarterfinals of the Big West Tournament. At halftime, Pacific was up big 40-25 but UC-Santa Barbara got back in the game and almost completed the comeback win. The Tigers now have a record of 2-1 against UC-Santa Barbara this season. The Tigers were led by Colin Beatty, who put up a career-high 26 points (8 Reb 4 Ast), with 18 coming from three-point range. Lorenzo McCloud had 12 points and added six rebounds. For the Gauchos, Michael Bryson got a season-high 29 points (3 Reb 3 Ast), including seven-of-11 shooting from three-point range. This makes five wins in a row for the Tigers. UC-Santa Barbara (11-20) finished the regular season seventh in the Big West with a 7-11 conference record.
Pacific Game Notes
- The last time Pacific started the season 20-12 was 2008.
- The win over UC-Santa Barbara extended the Pacific winning streak to five games.
- The Tigers have won six close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Pacific is 23-32 in close games.
- The Tigers have won 94 percent of the time this season (16-1) after recording 24 or more field goals made.
- Pacific has won 77 percent of the time this season (10-3) after committing 10 or fewer turnovers.
- Pacific has won 86 percent of the time this season (12-2) when opponents record 30 or fewer rebounds.
- Pacific has won 80 percent of the time this season (8-2) after holding an opponent to under 40.7 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Pacific has won 85 percent of the time (11-2) when Travis Fulton has 11 points or more and 76 percent of the time (13-4) when Lorenzo McCloud has four assists or more.
- Pacific set a season low for blocks (zero).
- The Tigers have outshot their opponents in three-point percentage for the past five games.
- Pacific has recorded fewer blocks than their opponents for the past four games.
- Colin Beatty recorded a team season high in points with 26 and three-pointers with six.
- Colin Beatty accounted for 36.6 percent of the team's points.
- Colin Beatty has led the team in rebounding in four out of 32 games this season.
- This marks the first 20-point game of Colin Beatty's career.
- Colin Beatty had career highs with 26 points, nine field goals made, and six three-pointers.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Tony Gill.
UC-Santa Barbara Game Notes
- The Gauchos have lost six times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, UC-Santa Barbara is 29-27 in close games.
- Michael Bryson accounted for 42.6 percent of the team's points.
- Alan Williams accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Alan Williams has led the team in rebounding 24 times in 31 games this season.
- This marks the first 20-point game of Michael Bryson's career.
- T.J. Taylor set career highs with 11 points and three three-pointers.
- Alan Williams recorded the 23rd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the seventh foul out of the season for Alan Williams.