Mississippi State 53
(10-22, 2-14 away)
(20-11, 15-4 home)
Venue: Bridgestone Arena
3:40PM ET / 12:40PM PT, March 14, 2013
||C Sword 19
||T Bloodman 7
||C Borchert 2
||J McRae 17
||J Stokes 9
||J Richardson 4
Mississippi State was blown out by Tennessee 69-53 in the second round of the SEC Tournament on Thursday, Mar. 14. By halftime, Mississippi State was already out of it, with the score 35-19. The team struggled in the second half as well and Tennessee maintained the big win. The Bulldogs are now 0-2 against Tennessee this season. The Bulldogs got a game-high 19 points and three rebounds from Craig Sword. Colin Borchert had 12 points and added six rebounds. Jarnell Stokes finished with 10 points and nine rebounds for the Volunteers. Mississippi State (10-22) finished the regular season 13th in the SEC with a 4-14 record in conference play. To get to the second round, Mississippi State outplayed South Carolina (70-59).
Mississippi State Game Notes
- The Bulldogs have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-7) after having a field goal percentage of 34.5 percent or worse.
- Mississippi State has lost 94 percent of the time this season (1-16) after recording 33 or fewer rebounds.
- Mississippi State has lost 83 percent of the time this season (2-10) after committing 15 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 51.8 percent or better this season, Mississippi State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-8).
- When the opposition records 29 or more field goals made this season, Mississippi State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-11).
- When the opposition records 69 or more total points this season, Mississippi State has lost 89 percent of the time (2-17).
- Mississippi State has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past four games.
- Craig Sword accounted for 35.8 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Trivante Bloodman and Gavin Ware) accounted for 42.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Craig Sword has led the team in scoring in seven out of 32 games this season.
- Colin Borchert has three straight double-digit point games.
Tennessee Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Jordan McRae and Trae Golden) accounted for 46.3 percent of the points.
- Jordan McRae has led the team in scoring 15 times in 31 games this season.
- Jarnell Stokes has led the team in rebounding 20 times in 31 games this season.
- Jordan McRae has nine straight double-digit point games.
- Trae Golden has three straight double-digit point games.
- Jarnell Stokes has three straight double-digit point games.