(12-18, 6-10 away)
New Mexico State 65
(22-10, 16-1 home)
Venue: Orleans Arena
3:00PM ET / 12:00PM PT, March 14, 2013
|New Mexico State
||K Barone 19
||K Barone 5
||M McChristian 3
|New Mexico State
||D Mullings 23
||S Bhullar 7
||S Bhullar 1
On Thursday, Mar. 14, New Mexico State shot 60 percent from the floor and easily got past Idaho 65-49 in the quarterfinals of the WAC Tournament. This was anybody's game in the first half, with New Mexico State up by only four at the break, but then they had a big second half to put the game away. The Aggies stay unbeaten against Idaho this season at 3-0. Daniel Mullings played brilliantly for the Aggies and put up a game-high 23 points and three rebounds. Bandja Sy got 14 points and added seven rebounds. For the Vandals, Kyle Barone finished with a team-high 19 points and five rebounds. Idaho (12-18) finished the regular season sixth in the WAC with a 7-11 conference record.
New Mexico State Game Notes
- The win over Idaho extended the New Mexico State winning streak to three games.
- NMSU beat the spread by nine points. That makes the 16th time this season the Aggies have beaten the spread.
- The Aggies have won 91 percent of the time this season (10-1) after recording 27 or more field goals made.
- NMSU has won every game this season (16-0) after holding an opponent to under 40.0 percent field goal percentage.
- NMSU has won 93 percent of the time this season (13-1) when opponents record nine or fewer assists.
- This season New Mexico State has won 92 percent of the time (11-1) when Bandja Sy has 14 points or more, 79 percent of the time (11-3) when Daniel Mullings plays 37 minutes or more, and 92 percent of the time (12-1) when Sim Bhullar has seven rebounds or more.
- NMSU set season lows for assists (five), blocks (two), and free throws made (seven).
- The Aggies have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past five games.
- Daniel Mullings accounted for 35.3 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Sim Bhullar and Bandja Sy) accounted for 53.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Daniel Mullings has led the team in scoring in 14 out of 32 games this season.
- Sim Bhullar has led the team in rebounding in nine out of 32 games this season.
- This marks the 11th 20-point game of Daniel Mullings's career.
- Daniel Mullings has three straight double-digit point games.
- Bandja Sy has seven straight double-digit point games.
Idaho Game Notes
- Kyle Barone accounted for 38.7 percent of the team's points.
- Kyle Barone has led the team in scoring 13 times in 30 games this season.
- Mike McChristian has led the team in rebounding four times in 30 games this season.
- Connor Hill has five straight double-digit point games.
- Kyle Barone has seven straight double-digit point games.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Wendell Faines.
|-||R. Harris Jr.||6||0||2||1||0||0||2|
|C+||Terrel de Rouen||18||8||1||1||0||0||2|