(19-12, 5-8 away)
(18-13, 14-4 home)
Venue: Bank of Oklahoma Center
3:30PM ET / 12:30PM PT, March 14, 2013
||T Thomas 15
||T Thomas 11
||T Womack 6
||J Washburn 20
||M Moore 8
||J Streeter 12
On Thursday, Mar. 14, Texas-El Paso got a win over Houston 80-69 in the quarterfinals of the Conference USA Tournament. The Miners improve to 2-1 against Houston this season with the win. Jacques Streeter got 13 points and 12 assists for the Miners, earning a double-double. Julian Washburn also had a good game, scoring a game-high 20 points and adding three rebounds. TaShawn Thomas recorded a double-double for the Cougars on a team-high 15 points and 11 rebounds. Houston (19-12) finished the regular season seventh in Conference USA with a 7-9 conference record. To get to the quarterfinals, Houston overcame Rice (72-67).
Texas-El Paso Game Notes
- UTEP beat the spread by five points. That makes the 16th time this season the Miners have beaten the spread.
- The Miners have won every game this season (6-0) after recording 26 or more field goals made.
- Texas-El Paso has won every game this season (6-0) when its field goal percentage has been 51.0 percent or better.
- UTEP has won every game this season (5-0) after holding an opponent to under 18.2 percent three-point percentage.
- UTEP has won 78 percent of the time this season (7-2) when opponents record one or fewer blocks.
- This season Texas-El Paso has won 75 percent of the time (9-3) when Konner Tucker has 12 points or more, 80 percent of the time (4-1) when Julian Washburn plays 40 minutes or more, and 75 percent of the time (6-2) when Cedrick Lang has four field goals made or more.
- Jacques Streeter recorded a team season high in assists with 12.
- The top two scorers (Julian Washburn and Jacques Streeter) accounted for 41.2 percent of the points.
- Julian Washburn has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 31 games this season.
- McKenzie Moore has led the team in rebounding in eight out of 31 games this season.
- This marks the sixth 20-point game of Julian Washburn's career.
- Julian Washburn has four straight double-digit point games.
- Cedrick Lang has three straight double-digit point games.
- This game was the seventh double-digit assist game of Jacques Streeter's career.
- Jacques Streeter recorded a double-double. It was his first this season and fourth of his career.
- Jacques Streeter had a career high with 12 assists.
Houston Game Notes
- The top two rebounders (TaShawn Thomas and LeRon Barnes) accounted for 48.6 percent of the rebounds.
- TaShawn Thomas has led the team in scoring 13 times and in rebounding 22 times in 31 games this season.
- TaShawn Thomas recorded the 26th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- TaShawn Thomas has five straight double-digit point games.
- TaShawn Thomas recorded a double-double. It was his 14th this season and 23rd of his career.