BY MICHAEL GANCI
I actually got invited to participate in this, but college interferes. Who needs a damn education anyway? Read below.
WHAT IS THE MO’s ZONE AND MODELL’S CLUBHOUSE?
* The Mo’s Zone area of Citi Field is an exciting area in the brand new ball
park that will quickly become a fan-favorite destination for passionate fans
to cheer on their NY Mets.
* This area will be the new home for the best Mets fans in New York!
* In right/right-center field at Citi Field, there are two field-level
sections of seating that together make up an area which will quickly become
known as The Mo’s Zone.
* The Mo’s Zone area is led-off by a 72 foot span across the outfield
warning track where the traditional padded outfield wall is replaced by a
chain link fence.
* Directly above this span of fence is the Mo’s Zone fan section
(specifically seating sections #101 & #102). Within this area will sit
nearly 400 of the most passionate Mets fans known to mankind. The area will
be full of energy and is uniquely tucked beneath the porch overhead which
hangs 18 feet out and over the playing field.
* Beneath the Mo’s Zone lives The Modell’s Clubhouse. The Modell’s
Clubhouse is set behind the chain link fence and will consist of
dugout-style benches backed by five full sized garage-style overhead doors.
Those doors open up to a private fan hospitality area which can accommodate
up to 70 fans. The only thing that will separate fans in the Modell’s
Clubhouse from the playing field is the chain link fence. Fans attending a
game inside the Modell’s Clubhouse will be as close to the playing field
during the game as you can get without being one of the players!
MAKING THE MO’S ZONES. THE MO’S ZONE
The Mo’s Zone and Modell’s Clubhouse will surely become areas in high
demand for those fans looking to experience the game in a truly memorable
KICK-OFF EVENT: April 15th 3:30-4:45 will take place at Modell’s Sporting
Goods In Times Square (42nd and 7th) with special guest Doc Gooden.