(17-14, 4-10 away)
(25-7, 15-2 home)
Venue: Barclays Center
2:50PM ET / 11:50AM PT, March 14, 2013
||J Benson 18
||J Robinson 9
||V Sanford 2
||R Clarke 21
||K Woods 7
||R Jones 6
On Thursday, Mar. 14, Dayton allowed 30 points from three-point territory to Butler and fell to the Bulldogs 73-67 in the first round of the A-10 Tournament. The Flyers are now 0-2 against Butler this season. The Flyers got a team-high 18 points and five rebounds from Josh Benson. Dyshawn Pierre scored 12 points and added three rebounds. Rotnei Clarke got a game-high 21 points for the Bulldogs, making six of 12 from three-point range. Dayton (17-14) finished the regular season 11th in the A-10 with a 7-9 record in conference play.
Dayton Game Notes
- Dayton has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after recording two or fewer three-pointers.
- When the opposition records 73 or more total points this season, Dayton has lost 80 percent of the time (2-8).
- When the opposition records 17 or more assists this season, Dayton has lost 80 percent of the time (2-8).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 41.7 percent or better this season, Dayton has lost 75 percent of the time (2-6).
- UD set season lows for assists (seven) and three-pointers (two).
- Josh Benson recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 17.
- The top two scorers (Josh Benson and Kevin Dillard) accounted for 49.2 percent of the points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (15) than the starters (14).
- Josh Benson has led the team in scoring in five out of 31 games this season.
- Jalen Robinson has led the team in rebounding in five out of 31 games this season.
- Kevin Dillard has five straight double-digit point games.
- Dyshawn Pierre has three straight double-digit point games.
- Josh Benson has three straight double-digit point games.
- Vee Sanford has three straight double-digit point games.
- This was the fifth foul out of the season for Devin Oliver.
Butler Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Rotnei Clarke and Andrew Smith) accounted for 53.4 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Kameron Woods and Khyle Marshall) accounted for 41.9 percent of the rebounds.
- Rotnei Clarke has led the team in scoring 21 times in 32 games this season.
- Kameron Woods has led the team in rebounding eight times in 32 games this season.
- This marks the 26th 20-point game of Rotnei Clarke's career.
- Rotnei Clarke has three straight double-digit point games.