(17-14, 4-10 away)
(25-7, 15-2 home)
Venue: Barclays Center
2:50PM ET / 11:50AM PT, March 14, 2013
||J Benson 18
||J Robinson 9
||V Sanford 2
||R Clarke 21
||K Woods 7
||R Jones 6
On Thursday, Mar. 14, Butler scored 30 points from three-point territory and got a victory over Dayton 73-67 in the first round of the A-10 Tournament. With a record of 2-0, the Bulldogs stay unbeaten against Dayton this season. The Bulldogs were led by Rotnei Clarke, who put up a game-high 21 points, with 18 coming from three-point range. Andrew Smith also had a solid outing, scoring 18 points and adding six rebounds. For the Flyers, Josh Benson finished with a team-high 18 points and five rebounds. Dayton (17-14) finished the regular season 11th in the A-10 with a 7-9 conference record.
Butler Game Notes
- The win over Dayton extended the Butler winning streak to three games.
- Butler beat the spread by 2.5 points. That makes the 17th time this season the Bulldogs have beaten the spread.
- The Bulldogs have won every game this season (13-0) after recording 73 or more total points.
- Butler has won every game this season (5-0) after committing eight or fewer turnovers.
- Butler has won every game this season (11-0) when its three-point percentage has been 41.7 percent or better.
- Butler has won every game this season (5-0) when opponents record seven or fewer assists.
- This season Butler has won 89 percent of the time (8-1) when Rotnei Clarke has 21 points or more, 89 percent of the time (8-1) when Roosevelt Jones plays 35 minutes or more, and 86 percent of the time (6-1) when Andrew Smith has six field goals made or more.
- Butler has been outshot by their opponents in three-point percentage for the past four games.
- The top two scorers (Rotnei Clarke and Andrew Smith) accounted for 53.4 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Kameron Woods and Khyle Marshall) accounted for 41.9 percent of the rebounds.
- Rotnei Clarke has led the team in scoring in 21 out of 32 games this season.
- Kameron Woods has led the team in rebounding in eight out of 32 games this season.
- This marks the 26th 20-point game of Rotnei Clarke's career.
- Rotnei Clarke has three straight double-digit point games.
Dayton Game Notes
- Josh Benson recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 17.
- The top two scorers (Josh Benson and Kevin Dillard) accounted for 49.2 percent of the points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (15) than the starters (14).
- Josh Benson has led the team in scoring five times in 31 games this season.
- Jalen Robinson has led the team in rebounding five times in 31 games this season.
- Kevin Dillard has five straight double-digit point games.
- Dyshawn Pierre has three straight double-digit point games.
- Josh Benson has three straight double-digit point games.
- Vee Sanford has three straight double-digit point games.
- This was the fifth foul out of the season for Devin Oliver.