Virginia Tech 63
(13-19, 2-11 away)
NC State 80
(23-9, 17-2 home)
Venue: Greensboro Coliseum
2:25PM ET / 11:25AM PT, March 14, 2013
||J Eddie 21
||C Raines 7
||J Eddie 3
||R Howell 22
||R Howell 12
||L Brown 12
On Thursday, Mar. 14, Virginia Tech took on NC State and lost in a blowout to the Wolfpack 80-63 in the first round of the ACC Tournament. The Hokies remain winless against NC State this season at 0-2. The Hokies got a team-high 21 points and three assists from Jarell Eddie. Cadarian Raines had eight points and added seven rebounds. Richard Howell recorded a double-double for the Wolfpack with a game-high 22 points and 12 rebounds. Virginia Tech (13-19) finished the regular season 12th in the ACC with a 4-14 record in conference play.
Virginia Tech Game Notes
- Virginia Tech has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-10) after recording 63 or fewer total points.
- The Hokies have lost 81 percent of the time this season (3-13) after having a field goal percentage of 41.7 percent or worse.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 52.8 percent or better this season, Virginia Tech has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 18 or more assists this season, Virginia Tech has lost 100 percent of the time (0-6).
- When the opposition records 19 or more free throws made this season, Virginia Tech has lost 100 percent of the time (0-10).
- VT set a season low for rebounds (25).
- Virginia Tech has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past five games.
- Jarell Eddie accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Cadarian Raines and C.J. Barksdale) accounted for 44.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Jarell Eddie has led the team in scoring in three out of 32 games this season.
- Cadarian Raines has led the team in rebounding in 12 out of 32 games this season.
- Erick Green has 32 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the sixth 20-point game of Jarell Eddie's career.
- Jarell Eddie has three straight double-digit point games.
- Jarell Eddie had a career high with nine field goals made.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Marshall Wood.
NC State Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Richard Howell and C.J. Leslie) accounted for 46.2 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Richard Howell and C.J. Leslie) accounted for 47.5 percent of the rebounds.
- Richard Howell has led the team in scoring six times and in rebounding 22 times in 32 games this season.
- This marks the fifth 20-point game of Richard Howell's career.
- Richard Howell recorded a double-double. It was his 17th this season and 30th of his career.
- Richard Howell set a career high with 11 field goals made.
- This game was the 11th double-digit assist game of Lorenzo Brown's career.
|-||J. van Zegeren||4||0||3||0||0||1||0|