Virginia Tech 63
(13-19, 2-11 away)
NC State 80
(23-9, 17-2 home)
Venue: Greensboro Coliseum
2:25PM ET / 11:25AM PT, March 14, 2013
||J Eddie 21
||C Raines 7
||J Eddie 3
||R Howell 22
||R Howell 12
||L Brown 12
On Thursday, Mar. 14, NC State punished Virginia Tech 80-63 in the first round of the ACC Tournament. The Wolfpack stay undefeated against Virginia Tech this season at 2-0. Richard Howell earned a double-double in the Wolfpack win including a game-high 22 points and 12 rebounds. Lorenzo Brown had nine points and added 12 assists. For the Hokies, Jarell Eddie got a team-high 21 points and three assists. Virginia Tech (13-19) finished the regular season 12th in the ACC with a 4-14 conference record.
NC State Game Notes
- NCSU beat the spread by 5.5 points. That makes the 16th time this season the Wolfpack have beaten the spread.
- The Wolfpack have won 93 percent of the time this season (13-1) after recording 19 or more free throws made.
- NC State has won 79 percent of the time this season (11-3) when its field goal percentage has been 52.8 percent or better.
- NC State has won 76 percent of the time this season (13-4) after committing 12 or fewer turnovers.
- NCSU has won 92 percent of the time this season (12-1) when opponents record nine or fewer free throws made.
- NCSU has won 88 percent of the time this season (14-2) after holding an opponent to under 41.7 percent field goal percentage.
- This season NC State has won 82 percent of the time (14-3) when T.J. Warren has 13 points or more, 73 percent of the time (11-4) when Lorenzo Brown plays 36 minutes or more, and 90 percent of the time (9-1) when Scott Wood has four free throws made or more.
- The Wolfpack have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past eight games.
- The top two scorers (Richard Howell and C.J. Leslie) accounted for 46.2 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Richard Howell and C.J. Leslie) accounted for 47.5 percent of the rebounds.
- Richard Howell has led the team in scoring six times and in rebounding 22 times in 32 games this season.
- This marks the fifth 20-point game of Richard Howell's career.
- Richard Howell recorded a double-double. It was his 17th this season and 30th of his career.
- Richard Howell had a career high with 11 field goals made.
- This game was the 11th double-digit assist game of Lorenzo Brown's career.
Virginia Tech Game Notes
- This loss extended the Hokies losing streak to three games.
- Jarell Eddie accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Cadarian Raines and C.J. Barksdale) accounted for 44.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Jarell Eddie has led the team in scoring three times in 32 games this season.
- Cadarian Raines has led the team in rebounding 12 times in 32 games this season.
- Erick Green has 32 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the sixth 20-point game of Jarell Eddie's career.
- Jarell Eddie has three straight double-digit point games.
- Jarell Eddie set a career high with nine field goals made.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Marshall Wood.
|-||J. van Zegeren||4||0||3||0||0||1||0|