Texas Tech 63
(11-20, 2-9 away)
(7) Kansas 91
(27-5, 20-2 home)
Venue: Sprint Center
3:07PM ET / 12:07PM PT, March 14, 2013
||D Kravic 20
||J Tolbert 6
||D Robinson 5
||B McLemore 24
||P Ellis 7
||T Releford 5
Texas Tech was blown out by Kansas 91-63 in the quarterfinals of the Big 12 Tournament on a day when the Jayhawks shot 66 percent. The Red Raiders remain winless versus AP-ranked teams at 0-7 for the season. The Red Raiders got a team-high 20 points and three rebounds from Dejan Kravic. Jordan Tolbert scored 13 points and added six rebounds. For the Jayhawks, Ben McLemore got a game-high 24 points and four rebounds. Texas Tech (11-20) finished the regular season ninth in the Big 12 with a 3-15 record in conference play. To get to the quarterfinals, Texas Tech took down West Virginia (71-69).
Texas Tech Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 6:45 left to go.
- Prior to this game, TTU played 45 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 6-39.
- Texas Tech has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after recording 21 or fewer rebounds.
- The Red Raiders have lost 83 percent of the time this season (2-10) after having a field goal percentage of 39.6 percent or worse.
- When the opposition records 31 or more field goals made this season, Texas Tech has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 50.0 percent or better this season, Texas Tech has lost 100 percent of the time (0-6).
- When the opposition records 20 or more free throws made this season, Texas Tech has lost 88 percent of the time (1-7).
- Dejan Kravic accounted for 31.7 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Jordan Tolbert and Dejan Kravic) accounted for 42.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Dejan Kravic has led the team in scoring in three out of 31 games this season.
- Jordan Tolbert has led the team in rebounding in nine out of 31 games this season.
- This marks the fourth 20-point game of Dejan Kravic's career.
- Dejan Kravic has three straight double-digit point games.
- Jordan Tolbert has five straight double-digit point games.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Josh Gray.
Kansas Game Notes
- The top two rebounders (Perry Ellis and Jeff Withey) accounted for 40.7 percent of the rebounds.
- Ben McLemore has led the team in scoring 16 times in 32 games this season.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Ben McLemore's career.
- Ben McLemore has four straight double-digit point games.
- Jeff Withey set a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
- Kevin Young set a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
|D+||J. Williams, Jr.||17||3||1||0||0||0||1|
|C+||A. White III||6||6||0||0||0||0||0|