On Thursday, Mar. 14, UAB was thumped by Southern Miss 81-66 in the quarterfinals of the Conference USA Tournament. The Blazers are now 0-3 against Southern Miss this season. Rod Rucker put up a team-high 20 points and seven rebounds in the Blazers loss. Quincy Taylor had eight points. Neil Watson got a game-high 23 points and five assists (4 Reb 4 Stl) for the Golden Eagles. UAB (16-17) finished the regular season seventh in Conference USA with a 7-9 record in conference play. To get to the quarterfinals, UAB defeated Southern Methodist (53-52).
UAB Game Notes
- UAB has lost 75 percent of the time this season (3-9) after recording 66 or fewer total points.
- When the opposition records 81 or more total points this season, UAB has lost 100 percent of the time (0-6).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 52.7 percent or better this season, UAB has lost 86 percent of the time (1-6).
- When the opposition records 17 or more assists this season, UAB has lost 86 percent of the time (1-6).
- UAB has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past four games.
- Rod Rucker accounted for 30.3 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Rod Rucker and Robert Williams) accounted for 48.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Rod Rucker has led the team in scoring 15 times and in rebounding 22 times in 33 games this season.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Jordan Swing.
- This marks the seventh 20-point game of Rod Rucker's career.
- Rod Rucker has seven straight double-digit point games.
Southern Miss Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Neil Watson and Dwayne Davis) accounted for 53.0 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Jonathan Mills and Jerrold Brooks) accounted for 45.9 percent of the rebounds.
- Neil Watson has led the team in scoring four times in 32 games this season.
- Jonathan Mills has led the team in rebounding 16 times in 32 games this season.
- This marks the ninth 20-point game of Dwayne Davis's career.
- Dwayne Davis has three straight 20+ point games.
- This marks the fifth 20-point game of Neil Watson's career.