Iowa State got a win over Oklahoma 73-66 in the quarterfinals of the Big 12 Tournament on Thursday, Mar. 14. With the win, the Cyclones move to 2-1 against Oklahoma this season. Melvin Ejim got a career-high 23 points and 12 rebounds for the Cyclones, earning a double-double. Will Clyburn had 17 points and added eight rebounds. Romero Osby finished with a team-high 18 points and nine rebounds for the Sooners.
Iowa State Game Notes
- The last time ISU started the season 22-10 was 2011.
- The win over Oklahoma extended the Iowa State winning streak to three games.
- ISU beat the spread by 7.5 points. That makes the 15th time this season the Cyclones have beaten the spread.
- The Cyclones have won 81 percent of the time this season (13-3) after recording 17 or more assists.
- ISU has won every game this season (7-0) after holding an opponent to under 38.1 percent field goal percentage.
- ISU has won 92 percent of the time this season (12-1) when opponents record 66 or fewer total points.
- This season Iowa State has won 76 percent of the time (16-5) when Georges Niang has 10 points or more, 75 percent of the time (9-3) when Will Clyburn has six field goals made or more, and 90 percent of the time (9-1) when Melvin Ejim has 12 rebounds or more.
- ISU set a season low for steals (three).
- The Cyclones have recorded more three-pointers than their opponents for the past 11 games.
- Iowa State has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past seven games.
- This is the third win of the season where the Cyclones came back after being down at halftime.
- Melvin Ejim accounted for 31.5 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Melvin Ejim and Will Clyburn) accounted for 46.5 percent of the rebounds.
- Melvin Ejim has led the team in scoring four times and in rebounding 22 times in 32 games this season.
- This marks the sixth 20-point game of Melvin Ejim's career.
- Melvin Ejim recorded a double-double. It was his 14th this season and 21st of his career.
- Melvin Ejim had a career high with 23 points.
- Will Clyburn has three straight double-digit point games.
- Georges Niang has five straight double-digit point games.
Oklahoma Game Notes
- Romero Osby recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 19.
- The top two scorers (Romero Osby and Cameron Clark) accounted for 53.0 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Romero Osby and Sam Grooms) accounted for 41.9 percent of the rebounds.
- Romero Osby has led the team in scoring 19 times and in rebounding 18 times in 31 games this season.
- Romero Osby has 10 straight double-digit point games.