On Thursday, Mar. 14, Oklahoma fell to Iowa State 73-66 in the quarterfinals of the Big 12 Tournament. The Sooners drop to 1-2 against Iowa State this season with the loss. Romero Osby put up a team-high 18 points and nine rebounds in the loss. Cameron Clark also had an excellent outing, scoring 17 points and adding four rebounds. Melvin Ejim recorded a double-double for the Cyclones on a career-high 23 points and 12 rebounds.
Oklahoma Game Notes
- The last time OU started the season 20-11 was 2003.
- The Sooners have lost 86 percent of the time this season (1-6) after having a field goal percentage of 38.1 percent or worse.
- Oklahoma has lost 80 percent of the time this season (1-4) after recording 31 or fewer rebounds.
- When the opposition records 17 or more assists this season, Oklahoma has lost 100 percent of the time (0-6).
- When the opposition records 73 or more total points this season, Oklahoma has lost 83 percent of the time (1-5).
- OU set a season low for turnovers (five).
- The Sooners have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past four games.
- Oklahoma has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the fourth loss of the season where the Sooners opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- Romero Osby recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 19.
- The top two scorers (Romero Osby and Cameron Clark) accounted for 53.0 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Romero Osby and Sam Grooms) accounted for 41.9 percent of the rebounds.
- Romero Osby has led the team in scoring 19 times and in rebounding 18 times in 31 games this season.
- Romero Osby has 10 straight double-digit point games.
Iowa State Game Notes
- Melvin Ejim accounted for 31.5 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Melvin Ejim and Will Clyburn) accounted for 46.5 percent of the rebounds.
- Melvin Ejim has led the team in scoring four times and in rebounding 22 times in 32 games this season.
- This marks the sixth 20-point game of Melvin Ejim's career.
- Melvin Ejim recorded a double-double. It was his 14th this season and 21st of his career.
- Melvin Ejim set a career high with 23 points.
- Will Clyburn has three straight double-digit point games.
- Georges Niang has five straight double-digit point games.