|Alabama A&M||D Tabb 14.0||D Tabb 9.9||J Crutcher 4.9|
|Southern University||M Miller 16.1||B Moore 7.1||J Grace 3.7|
Southern University squares off against Alabama A&M in the semifinals of the SWAC Tournament at Curtis Culwell Center on Friday. It gets started at 9 p.m. ET. The Jaguars beat the Bulldogs 81-67 on Feb. 18 and are 5-5 against them over the last four years.
In a 61-39 dismantling of Prairie View A&M on Mar. 2, Macolm Miller put up 12 points and nine rebounds for the Jaguars. With 16.1 points per game, he leads the team in scoring average. For the Bulldogs, Demarquelle Tabb finished with 15 points and 15 rebounds in the 59-51 win over Grambling State on Mar. 13. He contributes a team-leading 14.0 points per game, 9.9 rebounds per game, and 1.6 blocks per game.
Alabama A&M StatSmack
- Southern University is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Southern University is 76.2 inches compared to 75.2 inches for Alabama A&M.
- Brandon Moore is ranked 5th in the SWAC in rebounds and 2nd in the SWAC in blocks.
- Even computers respect Southern University more. Southern University has a better RPI this season than Alabama A&M (RPI: No. 191 vs. No. 330).
- Southern University is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Southern University is 197 lbs compared to 192 lbs for Alabama A&M.
- Southern University is better at defending the three (28.5 percent allowed vs. 34.3 percent allowed) than Alabama A&M this season.
- Macolm Miller is ranked 3rd in the SWAC in points, 8th in the SWAC in rebounds, and 44th nationally in three-pointers.
- Southern University is better under pressure, and has defeated Alabama A&M in six out of the last 10 games decided by five points or fewer.
- Southern University has come back to win after being down at half against Alabama A&M five times since 1999.
- Southern University has a better overall winning percentage over the last five years (36.2 percent to 35.7 percent).
- Southern University is a better three-point shooting team (36.2 percent vs. 29.4 percent) than Alabama A&M this season.
- The Southern University blocks leader (Brandon Moore, 47 blocks) has more blocks than the Alabama A&M blocks leader (Demarquelle Tabb, 44 blocks).