|Texas||M Kabongo 14.4||J Holmes 5.7||M Kabongo 5.5|
|Kansas State||R McGruder 15.3||R McGruder 5.3||A Rodriguez 5.5|
Texas takes on Kansas State in the quarterfinals of the Big 12 Tournament at Sprint Center on Thursday. It takes place at 7 p.m. ET and you can see it on Big 12 Network. The Longhorns fell to the Wildcats 81-69 on Feb. 23 and are 2-6 against them over the last four years.
In a 70-57 triumph over TCU on Mar. 13, Julien Lewis put up 19 points for the Longhorns. While contributing 3.3 rebounds per game, he also scores 10.8 points per game. For the Wildcats, Thomas Gipson finished with 15 points and six rebounds in the 76-70 loss to Oklahoma State on Mar. 9. He contributes 5.1 rebounds per game in addition to his 8.1 points per game. Kansas State ranks first in their conference in offensive rebounding percentage at 39.0, which also places them 14th in the country.
Kansas State StatSmack
- Texas has more Final Four appearances over the last 10 years than Kansas State (one vs. zero).
- Since 1998, Texas has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Kansas State (19 vs. three).
- Sheldon McClellan is ranked 8th in the Big 12 in points.
- AP voters think more highly of Texas and ranked them in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Kansas State (150 vs. 58).
- Texas does a better job contesting shots (38.2 percent allowed vs. 42.3 percent allowed) than Kansas State this season.
- Texas has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 20 years (69.0 percent to 57.2 percent).
- Texas has more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Kansas State (10 vs. four).
- Texas has more NCAA Tournament wins over the last 10 years than Kansas State (15 vs. six).
- That must sting. Texas has blown out Kansas State by 20 points or more on four occasions since 1996.
- Texas has an average margin of victory of 13 over Kansas State in 10 wins since 1982.
- Javan Felix is ranked 5th in the Big 12 in assists.