Washington State 62
(13-19, 1-12 away)
(18-14, 13-7 home)
Venue: MGM Grand Garden Arena
11:36PM ET / 8:36PM PT, March 13, 2013
||B Motum 28
||M Ladd 6
||D Kernich-Drew 4
||S Suggs 19
||A N`Diaye 8
||A Gaddy 11
Washington squared off with Washington State on Wednesday, Mar. 13 and nipped the Cougars 64-62 in the first round of the Pac-12 Tournament. The Huskies stay unbeaten against Washington State this season at 3-0. The Huskies were led by Abdul Gaddy, who got nine points and 11 assists. Scott Suggs also contributed, scoring a team-high 19 points. For the Cougars, D.J. Shelton got a career-high 19 points and five rebounds. Washington State (13-19) finished the regular season 11th in the Pac-12 with a 4-14 conference record.
Washington Game Notes
- The Huskies have won eight close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Washington is 30-31 in close games.
- Washington has won 92 percent of the time this season (12-1) when its field goal percentage has been 48.0 percent or better.
- UW has won every game this season (5-0) when opponents record six or fewer free throws made.
- The Huskies have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past five games.
- Abdul Gaddy recorded a team season high in assists with 11.
- The top two scorers (Scott Suggs and C.J Wilcox) accounted for 46.8 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Aziz N`Diaye and Andrew Andrews) accounted for 44.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Scott Suggs has led the team in scoring in nine out of 32 games this season.
- Aziz N`Diaye has led the team in rebounding in 20 out of 32 games this season.
- Scott Suggs has five straight double-digit point games.
- This game was the third double-digit assist game of Abdul Gaddy's career.
Washington State Game Notes
- The Cougars have lost 10 times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Washington State is 25-36 in close games.
- Brock Motum accounted for 45.1 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Mike Ladd and D.J. Shelton) accounted for 47.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Brock Motum has led the team in scoring 22 times in 32 games this season.
- Mike Ladd has led the team in rebounding seven times in 32 games this season.
- This marks the 24th 20-point game of Brock Motum's career.
- Brock Motum has three straight 20+ point games.
- Brock Motum set a career high with five three-pointers.
- Royce Woolridge has four straight double-digit point games.
- D.J. Shelton set career highs with 19 points and six field goals made.
|C||Shawn Kemp Jr||23||10||1||0||0||1||3|