Washington State 62
(13-19, 1-12 away)
(18-14, 13-7 home)
Venue: MGM Grand Garden Arena
11:36PM ET / 8:36PM PT, March 13, 2013
||B Motum 28
||M Ladd 6
||D Kernich-Drew 4
||S Suggs 19
||A N`Diaye 8
||A Gaddy 11
On Wednesday, Mar. 13, Washington State took on Washington and suffered a close loss to the Huskies 64-62 in the first round of the Pac-12 Tournament. The Cougars remain winless against Washington this season at 0-3. The Cougars were led by D.J. Shelton, who put up a career-high 19 points and five rebounds. Brock Motum put up his third straight game with 20 points or more, scoring a game-high 28 points on 57.9 percent shooting in 40 minutes. Abdul Gaddy finished with nine points and 11 assists for the Huskies. Washington State (13-19) finished the regular season 11th in the Pac-12 with a 4-14 record in conference play.
Washington State Game Notes
- The Cougars have been unlucky 10 times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Washington State is 25-36 in close games.
- Washington State has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after recording 23 or fewer rebounds.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 48.0 percent or better this season, Washington State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-9).
- WSU set a season low for rebounds (23).
- Washington State has recorded fewer blocks than their opponents for the past six games.
- Brock Motum accounted for 45.1 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Mike Ladd and D.J. Shelton) accounted for 47.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Brock Motum has led the team in scoring in 22 out of 32 games this season.
- Mike Ladd has led the team in rebounding in seven out of 32 games this season.
- This marks the 24th 20-point game of Brock Motum's career.
- Brock Motum has three straight 20+ point games.
- Brock Motum had a career high with five three-pointers.
- Royce Woolridge has four straight double-digit point games.
- D.J. Shelton had career highs with 19 points and six field goals made.
Washington Game Notes
- The Huskies won this one, but have lost five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Washington is 30-31 in close games.
- Abdul Gaddy recorded a team season high in assists with 11.
- The top two scorers (Scott Suggs and C.J Wilcox) accounted for 46.8 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Aziz N`Diaye and Andrew Andrews) accounted for 44.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Scott Suggs has led the team in scoring nine times in 32 games this season.
- Aziz N`Diaye has led the team in rebounding 20 times in 32 games this season.
- Scott Suggs has five straight double-digit point games.
- This game was the third double-digit assist game of Abdul Gaddy's career.
|C||Shawn Kemp Jr||23||10||1||0||0||1||3|