On Wednesday, Mar. 13, TCU took on Texas and fell to the Longhorns 70-57 in the first round of the Big 12 Tournament. With the loss, the Horned Frogs remain winless against Texas this season at 0-3. The Horned Frogs got nine points and 11 rebounds from Devonta Abron. Nate Butler Lind had nine points and added three rebounds. For the Longhorns, Myck Kabongo got 16 points and six assists. TCU (11-21) finished the regular season 10th in the Big 12 with a 2-16 record in conference play.
TCU Game Notes
- The last time TCU started the season 11-21 was 2010.
- TCU has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-13) after recording eight or fewer assists.
- The Horned Frogs have lost 83 percent of the time this season (1-5) after having a field goal percentage of 32.7 percent or worse.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 51.3 percent or better this season, TCU has lost 100 percent of the time (0-7).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 41.7 percent or better this season, TCU has lost 100 percent of the time (0-8).
- When the opposition records 70 or more total points this season, TCU has lost 89 percent of the time (1-8).
- Devonta Abron accounted for 36.6 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Devonta Abron has led the team in rebounding in eight out of 32 games this season.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Nate Butler Lind.
- Devonta Abron recorded the seventh double-digit rebound game of his career.
Texas Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Julien Lewis and Myck Kabongo) accounted for 50.0 percent of the points.
- Julien Lewis has led the team in scoring seven times in 32 games this season.
- Jonathan Holmes has led the team in rebounding nine times in 32 games this season.
- Julien Lewis set a career high with 19 points.
- Sheldon McClellan has three straight double-digit point games.