On Wednesday, Mar. 13, Texas took on TCU and beat the Horned Frogs 70-57 in the first round of the Big 12 Tournament. The Longhorns remain undefeated against TCU this season at 3-0. The Longhorns were led by Myck Kabongo, who got 16 points and six assists. Julien Lewis had a season-high 19 points and added four rebounds. For the Horned Frogs, Devonta Abron finished with nine points and 11 rebounds. TCU (11-21) finished the regular season 10th in the Big 12 with a 2-16 conference record.
Texas Game Notes
- The win over TCU extended the Texas winning streak to three games.
- Texas beat the spread by two points. That makes the 16th time this season the Longhorns have beaten the spread.
- The Longhorns have won every game this season (4-0) after recording 25 or more free throws made.
- Texas has won every game this season (6-0) when opponents record 17 or fewer field goals made.
- Texas has won 88 percent of the time this season (7-1) after holding an opponent to under 32.7 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Texas has won 83 percent of the time (5-1) when Myck Kabongo plays 37 minutes or more.
- Texas set a season low for turnovers (eight).
- The top two scorers (Julien Lewis and Myck Kabongo) accounted for 50.0 percent of the points.
- Julien Lewis has led the team in scoring in seven out of 32 games this season.
- Jonathan Holmes has led the team in rebounding in nine out of 32 games this season.
- Julien Lewis had a career high with 19 points.
- Sheldon McClellan has three straight double-digit point games.
TCU Game Notes
- Devonta Abron accounted for 36.6 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Devonta Abron has led the team in rebounding eight times in 32 games this season.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Nate Butler Lind.
- Devonta Abron recorded the seventh double-digit rebound game of his career.