|Wyoming||D Gilmore 14||D Cooke Jr 6||R Grabau 4|
|New Mexico||T Snell 15||C Bairstow 8||K Williams 4|
Wyoming was defeated by New Mexico 59-46 in the quarterfinals of the Mountain West Tournament on Wednesday, Mar. 13. The Cowboys now have a record of 2-3 versus AP-ranked teams this season. The Cowboys got a team-high 14 points and six rebounds from Larry Nance Jr. Derrious Gilmore had 14 points and added three rebounds. For the Lobos, Cameron Bairstow got 14 points and eight rebounds. Wyoming (19-13) finished the regular season eighth in the Mountain West with a 4-12 record in conference play. To get to the quarterfinals, Wyoming defeated Nevada (85-81).
Wyoming Game Notes
- The last time Wyoming started the season 19-13 was 2008.
- Prior to this game, Wyoming played 19 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 3-16.
- Wyoming has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-5) after recording 46 or fewer total points.
- The Cowboys have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-5) after having a field goal percentage of 32.0 percent or worse.
- When the opposition commits nine or fewer turnovers this season, Wyoming has lost 100 percent of the time (0-6).
- When the opposition records five or more blocks this season, Wyoming has lost 75 percent of the time (1-3).
- Wyoming set a season low for blocks (zero).
- The Cowboys have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past four games.
- Wyoming has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past eight games.
- Larry Nance Jr accounted for 30.4 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Leonard Washington and Larry Nance Jr) accounted for 42.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Larry Nance Jr has led the team in scoring in seven out of 32 games this season.
- Leonard Washington has led the team in rebounding in 18 out of 32 games this season.
- Derrious Gilmore has three straight double-digit point games.
- Larry Nance Jr has three straight double-digit point games.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Leonard Washington.
New Mexico Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Tony Snell and Cameron Bairstow) accounted for 49.1 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Cameron Bairstow and Hugh Greenwood) accounted for 42.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Tony Snell has led the team in scoring seven times in 32 games this season.
- Cameron Bairstow has led the team in rebounding eight times in 32 games this season.
- Cameron Bairstow has five straight double-digit point games.
- Cameron Bairstow set a career high with five offensive rebounds.
- Tony Snell has three straight double-digit point games.
|A||Larry Nance Jr||36||14||6||0||3||0||0|
|C+||Derek Cooke Jr||19||0||6||1||0||0||0|