UNLV vs. Colorado State: Full Game Preview
|UNLV||A Bennett 16.1||A Bennett 8.1||A Marshall 5.9|
|Colorado State||C Iverson 14.4||C Iverson 9.6||D Green 3.9|
On Friday, UNLV meets Colorado State. The game gets underway at 11:30 p.m. EST and you can see it on CBSSN. The Rebels beat the Rams 61-59 on Feb. 20 and are 6-4 against them over the last four years.
UNLV is in third place in the conference and will be trying to close the gap with second-place Colorado State.
The 23 points and seven rebounds by Anthony Bennett helped the Rebels to a 72-56 victory over Air Force on Mar. 13. He contributes a team-high 16.1 points per game and 8.1 rebounds per game. For the Rams, Greg Smith finished with 11 points and seven rebounds in the 67-61 win over Fresno State on Mar. 13. He contributes 5.4 rebounds per game in addition to his 11.3 points per game. Colorado State sits near the top of the conference standings in the following categories: defensive rebounding percentage at 76.2, offensive rebounding percentage at 41.6, and turnover percentage at 16.6.
Colorado State StatSmack
- UNLV is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on UNLV is 214 lbs compared to 204 lbs for Colorado State.
- Katin Reinhardt is ranked 6th in the Mountain West in three-pointers and 10th in the Mountain West in assists.
- UNLV has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 10 years (69.4 percent to 49.5 percent).
- The UNLV blocks leader (Khem Birch, 62 blocks) has more blocks than the Colorado State blocks leader (Colton Iverson, 21 blocks).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? UNLV currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (961 to 953) than Colorado State, per the NCAA.
- Diaper Dandies love UNLV. UNLV has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Colorado State (8 vs. 0).
- UNLV has a stronger schedule than Colorado State this season (SOS Rank: No. 35 vs. No. 51).
- UNLV has an average margin of victory of 11 over Colorado State in 30 wins since 1980.
- Anthony Bennett is ranked 4th in the Mountain West in points, 4th in the Mountain West in rebounds, and 4th in the Mountain West in blocks.
- The UNLV scoring leader (Anthony Bennett, 515 points) has more points than the Colorado State scoring leader (Colton Iverson, 460 points).
|D+||Joe De Ciman||5||1||0||0||0||0||0|