(13-19, 1-13 away)
(19-13, 15-4 home)
Venue: Bank of Oklahoma Center
9:30PM ET / 6:30PM PT, March 13, 2013
||D Kane 22
||D Tinnon 11
||D Kane 3
||R Tarrant 21
||J Davis 12
||K Timmons 4
Marshall suffered a close loss to Tulane 66-64 in the first round of the Conference USA Tournament on Wednesday, Mar. 13. The Thundering Herd remain winless against Tulane this season at 0-2. Dennis Tinnon got 16 points and 11 rebounds for the Thundering Herd, earning a double-double. Nigel Spikes also had a solid outing, scoring six points and adding nine rebounds. Josh Davis recorded a double-double for the Green Wave with 18 points and 12 rebounds. Marshall (13-19) finished the regular season ninth in Conference USA with a 6-10 record in conference play.
Marshall Game Notes
- The last time Marshall started the season 13-19 was 2006.
- Marshall beat the spread by one points. That makes the 7th time this season the Thundering Herd have beaten the spread.
- The Thundering Herd have been unlucky six times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Marshall is 37-29 in close games.
- Marshall has lost 86 percent of the time this season (2-12) after recording 64 or fewer total points.
- The Thundering Herd have lost 75 percent of the time this season (1-3) after having a three-point percentage of 18.8 percent or worse.
- When the opposition records 14 or more free throws made this season, Marshall has lost 87 percent of the time (2-13).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 34.8 percent or better this season, Marshall has lost 83 percent of the time (3-15).
- When the opposition records eight or more three-pointers this season, Marshall has lost 82 percent of the time (2-9).
- The Thundering Herd have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past four games.
- Marshall has recorded fewer three-pointers than their opponents for the past five games.
- This is the second loss of the season where the Thundering Herd opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- DeAndre Kane accounted for 34.3 percent of the team's points.
- Dennis Tinnon accounted for 34.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- DeAndre Kane has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 32 games this season.
- Dennis Tinnon has led the team in rebounding in 19 out of 32 games this season.
- Dennis Tinnon recorded the 34th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Dennis Tinnon recorded a double-double. It was his 10th this season and 22nd of his career.
- This marks the 23rd 20-point game of DeAndre Kane's career.
- Elijah Pittman has 12 straight double-digit point games.
Tulane Game Notes
- The Green Wave won this one, but have lost five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Tulane is 26-31 in close games.
- Ricky Tarrant accounted for 31.8 percent of the team's points.
- Josh Davis accounted for 34.2 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Ricky Tarrant has led the team in scoring 15 times in 32 games this season.
- Josh Davis has led the team in rebounding 28 times in 32 games this season.
- This marks the 20th 20-point game of Ricky Tarrant's career.
- Josh Davis recorded the 34th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Josh Davis has four straight double-digit point games.
- Josh Davis recorded a double-double. It was his 17th this season and 29th of his career.