(14-17, 3-10 away)
(14-18, 11-8 home)
Venue: MGM Grand Garden Arena
9:06PM ET / 6:06PM PT, March 13, 2013
||J DuBois 22
||J Loveridge 9
||J DuBois 4
||O Oraby 18
||O Oraby 10
||J Fontan 7
Utah squared off with USC on Wednesday, Mar. 13 and just barely slipped by the Trojans 69-66 in the first round of the Pac-12 Tournament. The Utes even the season series against USC at 1-1 with the win. Jarred DuBois played brilliantly for the Utes and put up a game-high 22 points and four assists. Jordan Loveridge had 15 points and added nine rebounds. Omar Oraby recorded a double-double for the Trojans with a career-high 18 points and 10 rebounds. USC (14-18) finished the regular season sixth in the Pac-12 with a 9-9 conference record.
Utah Game Notes
- Utah started 14-17 during the 2010 and 2009 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over USC extended the Utah winning streak to three games.
- Utah beat the spread by 4.5 points. That makes the 19th time this season the Utes have beaten the spread.
- The Utes have won four close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Utah is 23-25 in close games.
- The Utes have won 80 percent of the time this season (8-2) after recording 69 or more total points.
- Utah has won 88 percent of the time this season (7-1) when opponents record seven or fewer free throws made.
- This season Utah has won 78 percent of the time (7-2) when Jordan Loveridge has 15 points or more, 100 percent of the time (4-0) when Jason Washburn has four free throws made or more, and 73 percent of the time (8-3) when Jarred DuBois has four assists or more.
- Utah set a season low for turnovers (six).
- Jarred DuBois accounted for 31.8 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Jordan Loveridge and Jason Washburn) accounted for 41.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Jarred DuBois has led the team in scoring in eight out of 31 games this season.
- Jordan Loveridge has led the team in rebounding in 17 out of 31 games this season.
- This marks the 13th 20-point game of Jarred DuBois's career.
- Jarred DuBois has four straight double-digit point games.
- Jordan Loveridge has four straight double-digit point games.
- Jason Washburn has four straight double-digit point games.
USC Game Notes
- The Trojans have lost three times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, USC is 31-34 in close games.
- This loss extended the Trojans losing streak to three games.
- The top two scorers (Omar Oraby and JT Terrell) accounted for 48.4 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Omar Oraby and Eric Wise) accounted for 48.7 percent of the rebounds.
- Omar Oraby has led the team in scoring four times and in rebounding five times in 32 games this season.
- JT Terrell has 11 straight double-digit point games.
- Omar Oraby recorded the fifth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Omar Oraby recorded a double-double. It was his second this season and fifth of his career.