On Wednesday, Mar. 13, West Virginia lost in an upset to Texas Tech 71-69 in the first round of the Big 12 Tournament. With the loss, the Mountaineers drop to 2-1 against Texas Tech this season. Kevin Noreen put up eight points and six rebounds in the Mountaineers loss. Terry Henderson scored a team-high 12 points. For the Red Raiders, Jaye Crockett got a game-high 18 points and four rebounds. West Virginia (13-19) finished the regular season eighth in the Big 12 with a 6-12 record in conference play.
West Virginia Game Notes
- The Mountaineers have been unlucky seven times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, West Virginia is 27-30 in close games.
- West Virginia has lost 78 percent of the time this season (2-7) after recording 28 or fewer rebounds.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 46.2 percent or better this season, West Virginia has lost 94 percent of the time (1-15).
- When the opposition records 16 or more assists this season, West Virginia has lost 89 percent of the time (1-8).
- West Virginia has been outshot by their opponents in three-point percentage for the past nine games.
- The top two rebounders (Aaric Murray and Kevin Noreen) accounted for 50.0 percent of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more points (35) than the starters (34).
- Terry Henderson has led the team in scoring in five out of 32 games this season.
- Aaric Murray has led the team in rebounding in 13 out of 32 games this season.
- Aaric Murray has three straight double-digit point games.
Texas Tech Game Notes
- The Red Raiders won this one, but have lost four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Texas Tech is 18-28 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Jaye Crockett and Ty Nurse) accounted for 42.2 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Dejan Kravic and Josh Gray) accounted for 45.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Jaye Crockett has led the team in scoring 14 times in 30 games this season.
- Dejan Kravic has led the team in rebounding nine times in 30 games this season.
- Jordan Tolbert has four straight double-digit point games.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Jordan Tolbert.
- Jaye Crockett set career highs with three three-pointers and a 100 percent three-point percentage.