(5-26, 0-14 away)
(19-11, 14-4 home)
Venue: Bank of Oklahoma Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, March 13, 2013
||T Jackson 30
||T Jackson 9
||K Washington 4
||T Thomas 16
||T Thomas 10
||T Womack 6
On Wednesday, Mar. 13, Rice took on Houston and fell to the Cougars 72-67 in the first round of the Conference USA Tournament. The loss drops the Owls to 1-2 against Houston this season. Tamir Jackson put up his fifth straight game with 20 points or more for the Owls, scoring a game-high 30 points (9 Reb 3 Ast) in 34 minutes. The Owls got a game-high 30 points and nine rebounds from Tamir Jackson. Julian DeBose had 13 points and added four rebounds. TaShawn Thomas recorded a double-double for the Cougars on a team-high 16 points and 10 rebounds. Rice (5-26) finished the regular season 12th in Conference USA with a 1-15 record in conference play.
Rice Game Notes
- Rice beat the spread by six points. That makes the 11th time this season the Owls have beaten the spread.
- The Owls have been unlucky three times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Rice is 15-30 in close games.
- The Owls have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-11) after having a field goal percentage of 37.1 percent or worse.
- Rice has lost 93 percent of the time this season (1-14) after recording zero or fewer blocks.
- Rice has lost 92 percent of the time this season (1-11) after committing nine or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 28 or more field goals made this season, Rice has lost 100 percent of the time (0-7).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 51.9 percent or better this season, Rice has lost 100 percent of the time (0-10).
- When the opposition records seven or more blocks this season, Rice has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- Rice set a season low for blocks (zero).
- The Owls have recorded more three-pointers than their opponents for the past five games.
- Rice has been outshot by their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 13 games.
- Tamir Jackson recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 28.
- Tamir Jackson accounted for 44.7 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Tamir Jackson and Ross Wilson) accounted for 44.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Tamir Jackson has led the team in scoring 21 times and in rebounding 15 times in 31 games this season.
- Julian DeBose has four straight double-digit point games.
- Austin Ramljak has three straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 21st 20-point game of Tamir Jackson's career.
- Tamir Jackson has five straight 20+ point games.
- Tamir Jackson had career highs with 30 points and 12 field goals made.
Houston Game Notes
- The Cougars won this one, but have lost four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Houston is 33-33 in close games.
- The top two scorers (TaShawn Thomas and Danuel House) accounted for 41.6 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (TaShawn Thomas and Danuel House) accounted for 46.1 percent of the rebounds.
- TaShawn Thomas has led the team in scoring 12 times and in rebounding 21 times in 30 games this season.
- TaShawn Thomas recorded the 25th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- TaShawn Thomas has four straight double-digit point games.
- TaShawn Thomas recorded a double-double. It was his 13th this season and 22nd of his career.
- Joseph Young has 23 straight double-digit point games.