St John's 53
(16-15, 4-9 away)
(20-12, 13-4 home)
Venue: Madison Square Garden
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, March 13, 2013
||P Greene IV 16
||J Sampson 9
||S Pointer 3
||M Yarou 18
||J Pinkston 9
||R Arcidiacono 5
St. John's lost to Villanova 66-53 in the second round of the Big East Tournament on Wednesday, Mar. 13. The Red Storm remain winless against Villanova this season at 0-2. The Red Storm were led by Chris Obekpa, who put up six points and six rebounds (4 Blk 4 Stl). JaKarr Sampson scored 13 points and added nine rebounds. For the Wildcats, Mouphtaou Yarou got a game-high 18 points and seven rebounds. This makes five losses in a row for the Red Storm. St. John's (16-15) finished the regular season 11th in the Big East with an 8-10 record in conference play.
St. John's Game Notes
- The last time SJU started the season 16-15 was 2006.
- St. John's has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after recording seven or fewer assists.
- The Red Storm have lost 86 percent of the time this season (1-6) after having a field goal percentage of 35.6 percent or worse.
- When the opposition records 19 or more free throws made this season, St. John's has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 40.7 percent or better this season, St. John's has lost 80 percent of the time (3-12).
- When the opposition records 14 or more assists this season, St. John's has lost 80 percent of the time (3-12).
- SJU set a season low for assists (seven).
- The Red Storm have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past seven games.
- St. John's has recorded fewer three-pointers than their opponents for the past six games.
- Phil Greene IV accounted for 30.1 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (JaKarr Sampson and Chris Obekpa) accounted for 44.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Phil Greene IV has led the team in scoring in four out of 31 games this season.
- JaKarr Sampson has led the team in rebounding in nine out of 31 games this season.
- JaKarr Sampson has six straight double-digit point games.
- Phil Greene IV has five straight double-digit point games.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Jamal Branch.
Villanova Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Mouphtaou Yarou and Ryan Arcidiacono) accounted for 50.0 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (JayVaughn Pinkston and Mouphtaou Yarou) accounted for 41.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Mouphtaou Yarou has led the team in scoring five times in 32 games this season.
- JayVaughn Pinkston has led the team in rebounding seven times in 32 games this season.
- Ryan Arcidiacono has seven straight double-digit point games.
- JayVaughn Pinkston has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- Mouphtaou Yarou set a career high with nine field goals made.
|B||Phil Greene IV||36||16||2||2||1||0||4|