Fresno State 61
(11-19, 5-11 away)
Colorado State 67
(25-7, 18-1 home)
Venue: Thomas & Mack Center
5:30PM ET / 2:30PM PT, March 13, 2013
||T Johnson 14
||B Anderson 6
||A Huddleston 4
||W Eikmeier 18
||P Hornung 9
||W Eikmeier 3
On Wednesday, Mar. 13, Fresno State took on Colorado State and fell to the Rams 67-61 in the quarterfinals of the Mountain West Tournament. The Bulldogs are now 0-3 against Colorado State this season. The Bulldogs were paced by Allen Huddleston, who put up 10 points and four assists. Tyler Johnson had a team-high 14 points and added four rebounds. For the Rams, Greg Smith finished with 11 points and seven rebounds. Fresno State (11-19) finished the regular season seventh in the Mountain West with a 5-11 record in conference play.
Fresno State Game Notes
- Fresno State beat the spread by four points. That makes the 17th time this season the Bulldogs have beaten the spread.
- Fresno State has lost 89 percent of the time this season (1-8) after recording 28 or fewer rebounds.
- Fresno State has lost 80 percent of the time this season (1-4) after committing eight or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 25 or more free throws made this season, Fresno State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition records 67 or more total points this season, Fresno State has lost 91 percent of the time (1-10).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 41.3 percent or better this season, Fresno State has lost 81 percent of the time (3-13).
- Fresno State set a season low for steals (two).
- The Bulldogs have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past four games.
- Fresno State has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past eight games.
- This is the sixth loss of the season where the Bulldogs opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Tyler Johnson and Jerry Brown Jr) accounted for 42.6 percent of the points.
- Tyler Johnson has led the team in scoring in nine out of 30 games this season.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Kevin Foster.
Colorado State Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Wes Eikmeier and Greg Smith) accounted for 43.2 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Pierce Hornung and Greg Smith) accounted for 48.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Wes Eikmeier has led the team in scoring seven times in 32 games this season.
- Pierce Hornung has led the team in rebounding 17 times in 32 games this season.
- Greg Smith has four straight double-digit point games.
- Colton Iverson set a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
|B||Jerry Brown Jr||25||12||4||0||1||2||0|
|-||Joe De Ciman||7||0||0||0||0||0||0|