(14-19, 5-12 away)
Ball State 61
(15-15, 8-9 home)
Venue: Quicken Loans Arena
6:30PM ET / 3:30PM PT, March 13, 2013
||W Regan 36
||J McCrea 11
||T Watson II 8
||J Scaife 28
||C Bond 9
||C Bond 4
Buffalo won big against Ball State 76-61 in the second round of the MAC Tournament on Wednesday, Mar. 13. Buffalo was down 36-30 at the half, but then played much better in the second half and ended up winning big. With the win, the Bulls remain unbeaten against Ball State this season at 2-0. The Bulls got a remarkable 36 points (5 Reb 3 Stl) from Will Regan, with 15 points coming from three-point range. Javon McCrea played his way to a double-double with 18 points and 11 rebounds. Chris Bond finished with 10 points and nine rebounds for the Cardinals. Ball State (15-15) finished the regular season sixth in the MAC with an 8-8 conference record.
Buffalo Game Notes
- UB beat the spread by 12 points. That makes the 13th time this season the Bulls have beaten the spread.
- The Bulls have won 78 percent of the time this season (7-2) after recording 76 or more total points.
- This season Buffalo has won 88 percent of the time (7-1) when Jarryn Skeete has six rebounds or more.
- The Bulls set a season high for steals (13).
- The last time UB recorded at least 13 steals was Nov 22, 2011 against Canisius.
- UB set a season low for blocks (one).
- This is the fourth win of the season where the Bulls came back after being down at halftime.
- Will Regan recorded a team season high in points with 36.
- Will Regan accounted for 47.3 percent of the team's points.
- Javon McCrea accounted for 35.4 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Will Regan has led the team in scoring in five out of 33 games this season.
- Javon McCrea has led the team in rebounding in 19 out of 33 games this season.
- Tony Watson II had career highs with eight assists and four steals.
- This marks the third 20-point game of Will Regan's career.
- Javon McCrea recorded the 24th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Javon McCrea has 21 straight double-digit point games.
- Javon McCrea recorded a double-double. It was his 11th this season and 23rd of his career.
- Javon McCrea had a career high with seven offensive rebounds.
Ball State Game Notes
- Jauwan Scaife recorded a team season high in three-pointers with seven, field goals attempted with 22, and three pointers attempted with 14.
- Jauwan Scaife accounted for 45.9 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Chris Bond and Majok Majok) accounted for 45.9 percent of the rebounds.
- Jauwan Scaife has led the team in scoring 16 times in 30 games this season.
- Chris Bond has led the team in rebounding five times in 30 games this season.
- This marks the 13th 20-point game of Jauwan Scaife's career.
- Jauwan Scaife has 16 straight double-digit point games.
- Jauwan Scaife set career highs with 10 field goals made and seven three-pointers.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Tyler Koch.
|A||Tony Watson II||39||5||1||8||4||0||1|