On Wednesday, Mar. 13, Bethune-Cookman won by a slim margin against Norfolk State 70-68 in overtime. The Wildcats even the season series against Norfolk State at 1-1 with the win. The Wildcats got a double-double out of Adrien Coleman with a game-high 24 points and 13 rebounds. Alex Smith also had a strong outing, scoring five points and adding 12 rebounds. Pendarvis Williams got a team-high 19 points and five assists for the Spartans. Norfolk State (21-11) finished the regular season first in the MEAC with a 16-0 conference record.
Bethune-Cookman Game Notes
- B-CU beat the spread by seven points. That makes the 2nd time this season the Wildcats have beaten the spread.
- Bethune-Cookman has played in two overtime games this season. Over the last five seasons, the Wildcats have played in 18 overtime games with a record of 8-10.
- The Wildcats have won three close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Bethune-Cookman is 32-34 in close games.
- The Wildcats have won 83 percent of the time this season (10-2) after recording 70 or more total points.
- This season Bethune-Cookman has won 71 percent of the time (5-2) when Adrien Coleman has 24 points or more and 71 percent of the time (5-2) when Malik Jackson has four field goals made or more.
- The Wildcats set a season high for turnovers (19).
- Bethune-Cookman has been outshot by their opponents in three-point percentage for the past five games.
- This is the fifth win of the season where the Wildcats came back after being down at halftime.
- Adrien Coleman recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 21.
- Adrien Coleman accounted for 34.2 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Adrien Coleman and Alex Smith) accounted for 53.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Adrien Coleman has led the team in scoring 23 times and in rebounding 16 times in 33 games this season.
- This marks the 16th 20-point game of Adrien Coleman's career.
- Adrien Coleman has 16 straight double-digit point games.
- Adrien Coleman recorded a double-double. It was his ninth this season and 10th of his career.
- Kevin Dukes has three straight double-digit point games.
- Alex Smith recorded the sixth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Alex Smith had a career high with nine defensive rebounds.
- This was the fifth foul out of the season for Malik Jackson.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Ricky Johnson.
Norfolk State Game Notes
- The Spartans have lost two times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Norfolk State is 33-26 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Pendarvis Williams and Kris Brown) accounted for 50.0 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Rashid Gaston and Rob Johnson) accounted for 44.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Pendarvis Williams has led the team in scoring 15 times in 32 games this season.
- Rashid Gaston has led the team in rebounding 13 times in 32 games this season.
- Pendarvis Williams has seven straight double-digit point games.
- This was the sixth foul out of the season for Brandon Goode.